Ireland V France - TEAM POST 550

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland V France - TEAM POST 550

Schmidt has to earn his corn here. Get it wrong and we head to New Zealand in poor enough (relative) form. Does he stick with what he knows or does he go with the evidence of his own eyes from the last 3 weeks?

My take;
    McGrath to start as Healy hasn't done enough yet to start. Healy needs to start firing on all cylinders though.
    Best at 2 and Cronin as back up.
    Ross isn't covering himself in glory but his replacements aren't up to muster.
    Henderson. 'nuff said.
    POC. Toner probably gets the nod as back up but you wouldn't lose too much with Mr. Angry.
    POM/SOB/Heaslip with possibly Murphy as back up. You either start Henry or he isn't in the XXIII.
    Murray/Sexton but both need to up their respective games. Sexton needs to get his eye in with the place kicking. We can't afford to cough up easy points. Reddan/Madigan as back up but break in case of emergency basis.
    Henshaw/Payne. 'Tried and trusted' due to lack of viable partnerships.
    Earls/Kearney/Zebo with Fitz as back up. Bowe is still too weak in the tackle. Kearney Jnr. didn't get involved enough but he's do a defensive job.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
    Schmidt has to earn his corn here. Get it wrong and we head to New Zealand in poor enough (relative) form. Does he stick with what he knows or does he go with the evidence of his own eyes from the last 3 weeks?

My take;
    McGrath to start as Healy hasn't done enough yet to start. Healy needs to start firing on all cylinders though.
    Best at 2 and Cronin as back up.
    Ross isn't covering himself in glory but his replacements aren't up to muster.
    Henderson. 'nuff said.
    POC. Toner probably gets the nod as back up but you wouldn't lose too much with Mr. Angry.
    POM/SOB/Heaslip with possibly Murphy as back up. You either start Henry or he isn't in the XXIII.
    Murray/Sexton but both need to up their respective games. Sexton needs to get his eye in with the place kicking. We can't afford to cough up easy points. Reddan/Madigan as back up but break in case of emergency basis.
    Henshaw/Payne. 'Tried and trusted' due to lack of viable partnerships.
    Earls/Kearney/Zebo with Fitz as back up. Bowe is still too weak in the tackle. Kearney Jnr. didn't get involved enough but he's do a defensive job.
    Bowe will be picked next week because of his size.
    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

No point of having size if you don't use it.
      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Our performances from warm ups to pool matches so far have been no where near good enough to beat France . Time for the team to stand up and play to the level they are capable off, otherwise , AB's in the quarters and home same as usual .

Comment

Originally posted by outside inside View Post
          Our performances from warm ups to pool matches so far have been no where near good enough to beat France . Time for the team to stand up and play to the level they are capable off, otherwise , AB's in the quarters and home same as usual .
          Yet after playing the same teams as France we are top of the table (and they played Italy without Parisse playing which reduced Italy's performance levels significantly)

Comment

We can beat this lot.
            That is all.
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
              We can beat this lot.
              That is all.
              We fupping better beat this lot, or that will be all.
              Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

These next couple of games are where we find out about whether we are a really good team or not. Winning the last two Six Nations has been great. This is the next step. The warm ups don't matter. The first three group games were never going to matter (aside from winning and avoiding serious injuries).

We need to beat France by whatever means necessary. Then beat Argentina to get to a semi. Then we can have a decent crack from there with the pressure off in our favoured position of underdogs.

Comment

Can't see Ireland beating France unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong on that.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                    Gowl

Comment

There's just no precedent for it. In fairness though Japan beat South Africa and if we just believe then miracles do happen

Comment

Why is that? is your tele not working? Surely one of the local pubs will show it?
                        www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

That is dangerously close to speculation MS.

Comment

I think we can beat France and will lose to the Argies.
                            I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                              I think we can beat France and will lose to the Argies.
                              OR lose to France and bate the Kiwis! then lose the semifinal.

Its all to play for!
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                              X