X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RWC Any One staying in Swansea for France Game 11/10/15

Cardiff room prices gone mental and virtually no rooms left

so staying in Swansea for the weekend

anyone else staying Saturday/Sunday night in swansea ? And where is a good spot to go on the batter ?

I see the soccer boys are playing Poland on the sunday night at 7.45 after the main game at the millennium

But I also notice that night the walkabout bar in Cardiff is charging 200-250 minimum spend for a table

Going over for the qf weekend and staying in Swansea. Have tickets for group winners qf on Sunday on recommendations as to booking a taxi for 4 of us over using public transport which was reportedly chaotic at the weekend

Comment

Hi Guys, Lived in Swansea for years, basically you probably want to go to Wind Street, just one long street at the bottom of town with loads of bars/restaurants, gets pretty rowdy on the weekends but that may be what you're looking for . I always liked No Sign bar as a really nice place to have a few beers but everywhere is really close together so you can hop in and out of bars (they usually pedestrianise the street after 3/4 on weekends) and you have a large Walkabout at the top of the street for sports. It's also a short walk up from Wind street through castle square and the high street to the train station if that's how you're travelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel Yell View Post
        Going over for the qf weekend and staying in Swansea. Have tickets for group winners qf on Sunday on recommendations as to booking a taxi for 4 of us over using public transport which was reportedly chaotic at the weekend
        You could negotiate a rate for a taxi from Cardiff to Swansea, the trip is about 50 minutes but I know a few friends missed the last train recently enough and I think they agreed £80 for the trip with a taxi. Might be less if you prebook. £20 a head probably isn't much more than the trains, and yes, the queues at Cardiff central station after events at the Millennium are mental for an hour or two

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel Yell View Post
          Head for Queens hotel, Gloucester Place in the maritime quarter across the road from Wind Street. We always head there it is a hidden gem. The landlord's name is Gary Owen, we were in there last weekend for the Swansea match and as always had a great time. Very friendly locals and a couple of Munster flags behind the bar.
          www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

Great advice lads

YA the hotel said they will get a taxi for us sunday for 60 so that's ok and same back that night

gary Owen , the boys from Limerick must love that name ha ha ha

ill ill pop in and make sure I reference the forum as signposting us there

the 1/4 ticket situation too messy to plump for one or other and the cost is crazy now

Comment

Working...
            X