Ireland v's Romania

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland v's Romania

Well after the relatively easy start we move onto our next game against Romania who will probably be more physical up front than Canada. Hopefully a team like this will start.

Healy, Strauss, White
    Ryan, Toner
    Murphy, Henry, Heaslip
    Reddan, Jackson
    Luke, Henshaw, Cave, Bowe
    Zebo

Furlong, Cronin, Ross, Henderson, SOB, Madigan, Earls, Murray

That is the sort of team I would like to see.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
      Well after the relatively easy start we move onto our next game against Romania who will probably be more physical up front than Canada. Hopefully a team like this will start.

Healy, Strauss, White
      Ryan, Toner
      Murphy, Henry, Heaslip
      Reddan, Jackson
      Zebo

Fairly similar to what I'd pick although I'd start Madigan at 12 and save Henshaw for a 20 min cameo or maybe give him a full further week

Comment

Healy, Cronin, White
        Toner, Ryan
        Henderson, Henry, Murphy
        Reddan, Madigan
        Henshaw, Cave
        Fitzgerald, Zebo, Bowe

Strauss, McGrath, Furlong, O'Connell, O'Brien, Murray, Jackson, Earls

I really think Joe will want to see Henderson at 6 before he makes up his mind to drop Toner for France
        \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post
          Healy, Cronin, White
          Toner, Ryan
          Henderson, Henry, Murphy
          Reddan, Madigan
          Henshaw, Cave
          Fitzgerald, Zebo, Bowe

I really think Joe will want to see Henderson at 6 before he makes up his mind to drop Toner for France
          Would only change White for Furlong and Cronin for Strauss. Henshaw will have to play if he is to make team for Italy IMO. If we are cruising like we did v Canada, would probably bring in Jackson at 55, take off Reddan and put Madigan to 9 (as he is stated to cover 9) in case of injury to Reddan/Murray in advance of Italy and France matches. Doubt that POC, Sexton or Murray will feature at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post
            Healy, Cronin, White
            Toner, Ryan
            Henderson, Henry, Murphy
            Reddan, Madigan
            Henshaw, Cave
            Fitzgerald, Zebo, Bowe

I don't think there's any question about Toner now. Henderson and POM put that to bed against Canada imho. The Ulsterman has delivered two huge performances from the second row and POM had a very strong game against Canada. Toner will have to do something extraordinary to force his way in at either player's expense. He's got work to do just to recover from his last performance.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
              Would only change White for Furlong and Cronin for Strauss. Henshaw will have to play if he is to make team for Italy IMO. If we are cruising like we did v Canada, would probably bring in Jackson at 55, take off Reddan and put Madigan to 9 (as he is stated to cover 9) in case of injury to Reddan/Murray in advance of Italy and France matches. Doubt that POC, Sexton or Murray will feature at all.
              I think POC. And Murray will be on the bench, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if neither of them were brought on.
              I'd agree with you on Madigan to 9. I think 10-15 minutes for him at 9 would be no harm if we have the bonus point in the bag.
              White and Cronin are firmly the second choice players in their positions. I think it makes a lot more sense to give them as much gametime as is practical. Strauss and Furlong are over as cover, 20-30 minutes here and there is all they'll get.
              Agree on Henshaw too. Would prefer to see him start if he's fit.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

Healy, Strauss, White
                Ryan, Toner
                Murphy, Henry, Heaslip
                Reddan, Jackson
                Zebo

Can't argue with that. Plenty of impact on the bench, particularly if the slightly lightweight back row is struggling. Imagine the poor Romanians seeing Henderson and SOB trotting on with 20 to go!

Madigan to play 20 minutes at SH if we're in the clear. Murray only to be brought on in case of genuine emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                  I don't think there's any question about Toner now. Henderson and POM put that to bed against Canada imho. The Ulsterman has delivered two huge performances from the second row and POM had a very strong game against Canada. Toner will have to do something extraordinary to force his way in at either player's expense. He's got work to do just to recover from his last performance.
                  I don't think the Toner question is answered yet. Henderson undoubtedly has the mobility to play 6 and I think Joe will want to look at him and Toner in the same side. POM was good against Canada and really should start against France. I don't think it's an open and shut case yet though.

Comment

Ireland v's Romania

Henderson is the real plus for Ireland so far. A great selection selection 'problem' to be having.
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Strauss to 6. Maybe Madigan at fullback. Then all the starters can be rested.

Comment

Why would anyone on here like to see Earls bench and Fitz start?

Put Fitz on the bench as center and wing cover and start Earls.

Unless we are considering that Earls will need rest for the 2 big games ahead.

Comment

Spot on Corcioch.
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Ireland v's Romania

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                            Why would anyone on here like to see Earls bench and Fitz start?

Put Fitz on the bench as center and wing cover and start Earls.

Unless we are considering that Earls will need rest for the 2 big games ahead.
                            It is more a case of what we think will happen, rather than what we'd like to happen.
                            Much as we would argue differently, there is likely to be very little between Earls and Luke at present. While Joe may decide (on form) to jettison Tommy altogether, there is a very real possibility that Luke and Keith may be fighting over the number 23 jersey come the France game.
                            Keith played on the wing last Saturday so Luke may get a run there this week. If Henshaw comes through 55-60 minutes I'd expect Earls to replace him in the centre at that point with Cave switching to 12.
                            Last edited by Colliniho; 21st-September-2015, 12:02.

Comment

I'd play Luke at 13 and Henshaw at 12.
                              When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Working...
                              X