No announcement yet.

Pool B Discussion Thread - Boks Samoa Japan Scotland USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracking game, Samoa gave their all, most exciting game so far.
    But That's Scotland's last hurrah.
    Anyone know where Brian Lima is these days, he was a great player in his day for Samoa
    psychoanalysis is wasted on the Irish; Sigmund Freud

Comment

A real shame that Scotland got through ahead of Japan, and a lesson to organisers hopefully re scheduling.

Scotland haven't offered anything of interest to international rugby for about 2 decades.
      "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

I was thinking lately that there should be an extra pool made exclusively of the tier 2 and 3 nations, the winner of that pool could then go on to play the runner up with the least amount of points or tries from the other pools in a play-off, with the winner of this going through to the QF.
        It would provide an incentive to the those teams and we would not see them getting beaten off the park by cricket scores. While playing at the WC is a huge honour for them it must be so demoralising to have the tier 1 nations thrashing them time after time.
        just a thought.
        psychoanalysis is wasted on the Irish; Sigmund Freud

Comment

The cricket scores were lower this time and while some of the scores were big they weren't just running through them for 80 minutes

I'd prefer some fairer scheduling before messing so much with the format
          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Todd Clever has had his say on his RWC exclusion... http://www.deepsouthrugby.net/rugby-...he-full-monty/

Extract..
            "... the second to last night of the tour at the jersey presentation before the Fiji match everything seemed to be going fine. We had beaten Georgia in Tbilisi and were feeling good about winning a test series on the road. We were about to head back to our rooms to individually prepare for the match when Tolks stands up with a piece of paper. On the paper is the list of numbers 1-26. He tells us to rate the 26 players on the team from best to worst and slide the paper under his door. I was livid and disgusted, and he knew it by my body language. This was not how we prepare. There were some guys I had just met when they came on tour two weeks before and some I had known for over ten years. I wasn’t going to do it. Several players asked me if I was doing it. I said I wasn’t, but if they wanted to do it, do it."

Interesting read, thought at the time that his was a strange omission.
            "Newmarket hit Clonlara hard in the first ten minutes but doing so to a team like Clonlara is like hitting a bear. Better off to play away and not to antagonise the beast."

Comment

Originally posted by treatycity1 View Post
              Anyone know where Brian Lima is these days, he was a great player in his day for Samoa
              He's the new assistant coach for the Samoan Men's Sevens team

Comment

Originally posted by garryowen2323 View Post
                He's the new assistant coach for the Samoan Men's Sevens team
                He is a scumbag, they should have nothing to do with him
                My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Looks like Japan warriors had divine inspiration during RWC:

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-f...where-34903071

Japan: Rugby fans flock to Buddha statue

Rugby fans have been flocking to a Buddhist temple in central Japan to see a statue which they think resembles one of their sporting heroes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Japan Buddha.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	2486562

The 3m-high figure, at Seki Zenkoji Temple in Gifu Prefecture, has its hands held together with both index fingers pointing to the sky - a pose also favoured by Japan's star full-back Ayumu Goromaru in the moments before a kick attempt. The temple's master, Shunkai Sato, says visitor numbers have tripled since October, when the Rugby World Cup reached its peak, the Kyodo news agency reports. The tournament saw Japan win three of their four group games, including an astonishing win against South Africa. The shock result made a household name of Goromaru, who scored 24 of Japan's 34 points in the match.

Earlier this month, an 18-strong high school rugby team made the trip to the shrine to pray for success in an forthcoming tournament. "I hope to make accurate kicks, just like Goromaru," one player told The Asahi Shimbun. The website points out that while many Buddhist statues often have their hands together, the index finger pose is not common. The figure is thought to have originated in China 500 years ago, and has been at the temple for a century.
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I see on another site it was one year ago today the RWC produced one of the greatest games ever. Japan vs SA.
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                    X