Ireland at the RWC 2015 Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benji View Post
    Lukic, Who would you have had in the 45 man squad instead of those you outlined above?
    So you wouldnt have 3 of the 4 scrum halfs ? Come on Stringer wasnt playing well enough and who else is there.

Bent, Its his ability to play both sides that has him in the squad. Even training and in the build up games this will be of use to Joe.
    Furlong, His got great potential without having enough gametime in my opinion but Archer can be the only one who should have got a shot. Is Furlong a better scrummager?
    Tuohy, Ive no issue here as Dave Foley was the only other real hope and his not fit yet. Hopefully he can get himself sorted. That leaves McCarthy Doc and a few Connacht lads who werent good enough.

Trimble, Showed great improvement under Joe and got Irish player of the year the year before last. His a solid player and Joe is giving him a chance and rightly so.
    McFadden, Solid squad player and he can cover a number of positions.
    Fitz, Well that all depends on if he can stay fit. When his fit and in form I'd have him in the squad.
    Conan, A bit disappointed that he didnt continue his good form from earlier in the year for the season but you will get that with young players. Massive step up and a choice for the future more that 2015. Wont make the plane
    Jordi, His had a great season and also played well with Ireland, Who would you have instead of him.

Herring, Not many options when you take away the foreigners and those injured.
    Jordi Murphy has more than proved himself at this stage. Mc Fadden offers goalkicking as well.
    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
      Jordi Murphy has more than proved himself at this stage. Mc Fadden offers goalkicking as well.
      Ya, His probably ahead of Tod and if fit his probably going to make the plane. Covers more positions also.
      When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Ya, His probably ahead of Tod and if fit his probably going to make the plane. Covers more positions also.
        Yes on the second part of your statement. TOD played as good if not better than him in the 6N but it's hard to compare given their limited game time. I think TOD had an excellent second half of the season for Munster and would shade him over JM for that. I would still take TOD as he offers something different.
        He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

23 Leinster players when the squad have been ****e this season. Form shmorm.
          While strings might not be the long term answer his form over the last three months has been very good and he should have been called up to at least have a reliable experienced head in case anything happens to Murray.

As bad as it must be for the likes of Archer, imagine being a leinster player and not making the squad, you would be gutted. Isa must be crap.
          Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

It's a joke,can you imagine a 2 time HC winning grand slam winning U 19 World Cup winning coach doing the same
            the countdown clock would be up and running again
            clowns

Comment

I am the million man.

Comment

Its Henry or TOD with Murphy being in the 23 backup. Henderson covers POM, TOD/Henry covers SOB, Jordi Murphy covers Heaslip and general cover.

Comment

I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                    It's a joke,can you imagine a 2 time HC winning grand slam winning U 19 World Cup winning coach doing the same
                    the countdown clock would be up and running again
                    Which Leinster players have you an objection to and which alternatives would you select
                    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

I can see why Yordy is selected to be honest. All he does is tackle, that's his prime strength and we are set up not to lose rather than run the ball to win.
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Which Leinster players have you an objection to and which alternatives would you select
                        I never mentioned Leinster
                        clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                          I never mentioned Leinster
                          In general then considering the complaining you're doing

Comment

In fairness to McFadden he's played quite well for Ireland on the wing in the past too

Comment

Bent - Cronin, Buckley
                              Reid, D'arcy - Marshall, McCloskey
                              Strauss - Casey
                              Conan - Wilson, Diack
                              Boss - no one, why have 4 scrum halves?

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post
                                Bent - Cronin, Buckley
                                Reid, D'arcy - Marshall, McCloskey
                                Strauss - Casey
                                Conan - Wilson, Diack
                                Boss - no one, why have 4 scrum halves?
                                It's going to send this place into raptures but I'm fairly sure Boss will make the WC squad. Murray and Reddan are 1 & 2.

Marmion is a very similar player to Reddan and hasn't been in the form he was at the start of the season.

Wouldn't even be that surprised if he started Boss (depending on the team) if Murray got injured. Joe was always very horses for courses with Reddan and Boss, and usually favoured Boss in away games.

Conan/Wilson/Diack and Reid/McCloskey are fairly inconsequential as none of them will make the WC squad anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X