No announcement yet.

Ireland at the RWC 2015 Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The captain needs to be sure of his place in the side so the only realistic options when POC heads off on his sun blocked sojourn on the Cote will be POM and Murray.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
      The captain needs to be sure of his place in the side so the only realistic options when POC heads off on his sun blocked sojourn on the Cote will be POM and Murray.
      And then there was Jonty Sexton
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I will refer you to this..
        http://www.munsterfans.com/poll.php?...do=showresults

The poll result is heavily skewed with Munsterfan bias, but I reckon it will be Rory Best or Seanie...
        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
          I will refer you to this..
          http://www.munsterfans.com/poll.php?...do=showresults

The poll result is heavily skewed with Munsterfan bias, but I reckon it will be Rory Best or Seanie...
          In the two games that Heaslip has captained, Rory Best has also started.

Front row are usually subbed, so I'd say that would go against him. POC always plays the 80 with Schmidt.

Comment

Sexton picks himself. He has no rival for his jersey.
            I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Right now, POM is not assured of his place

Comment

Originally posted by limerickstag View Post
                Right now, POM is not assured of his place in the squad
                I agree with you on that and the last bit I added. There are a few bolters from the Leinster schools who could well make it.

Comment

Right now, POM is not assured of his place
                  Having just signed a 3 year IRFU central contract suggests otherwise (and also starting every game he has been fit under Schmidt).

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                    Sexton picks himself. He has no rival for his jersey.
                    His injury record isn't great though.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepers View Post
                      Having just signed a 3 year IRFU central contract suggests otherwise (and also starting every game he has been fit under Schmidt).
                      I think he probably will start but he's not "assured" of his place, Hendo could conceivably take it from him. Nobody will take the place of POC, Sexton or CM. POM not (yet?) in that bracket

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                        I agree with you on that and the last bit I added. There are a few bolters from the Leinster schools who could well make it.
                        I have no idea to what level you're taking the p*** but, of course, he's assured of a place in the squad. He's not assured of a place in the starting team, imo

Comment

I think he probably will start but he's not "assured" of his place, Hendo could conceivably take it from him. Nobody will take the place of POC, Sexton or CM. POM not (yet?) in that bracket
                          I think Henderson is earmarked as a 2nd row for Ireland (or so everyone seems to think). While he is young yet, POM was a regular starter for Ireland at his age where as Hendo has got as much bench warming as Paddy Wallace.

Comment

His injury record isn't great though.
                            His pressure kicking record isn't great either.

Comment

I think Henderson is earmarked as a 2nd row for Ireland (or so everyone seems to think). While he is young yet, POM was a regular starter for Ireland at his age where as Hendo has got as much bench warming as Paddy Wallace.
                              Henderson is a world class player who has a wrecking power ball level only previously seen in Ferris and Wallace. POM's talents are obvious but it's getting harder to leave Henderson out. After the WC he'll be in somewhere. Could well be a case of POM moving to 7 and O Brien to 8
                              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                                Henderson is a world class player who has a wrecking power ball level only previously seen in Ferris and Wallace. POM's talents are obvious but it's getting harder to leave Henderson out. After the WC he'll be in somewhere. Could well be a case of POM moving to 7 and O Brien to 8
                                Perhaps that should be the option at the WC.

Comment

Working...
                                X