Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland at the RWC 2015 Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by hellovating View Post
    i guess it is. i'd be much happier with zebo or earls filling in at full back than bent filling in at TH. someone should show him tom court filling in at TH in twickenham a few years ago.

    kearney, payne, henshaw, zebo, earls, fitzgerald, bowe.... there are fewer backs who haven't played full back.
    If I could thank your post twice I would. I hope to never have to witness anything like the Court debacle again. Bent is no better at THP than Court and worse at LHP than Cronin and Buckley, for good measure. I would bet serious money that Cronin would do s better job at THP as well.

    Comment


      Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
      Its absolutely ridiculous to suggest JS would bring in Leinster players just for training purposes because they have no coach. Ridiculous. I'm not a massive JS fan either but that's just a gombeen suggestion.

      I've asked two posters here to outline which Leinster players they have an issue with and the alternatives. And neither has responded. Just a fishing trip then so

      If you left Bent out of it you're on thin ice
      How is it ridiculous? They do it all the time. You seriously think Billy Holland or Denis Hurley were brought into Ireland training squads for anything other than training purposes? They even borrow provincial coaches as well for training purposes like Feek, Richie Murphy and Foley in the past.

      Comment


        Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

        Fogarty has been promoted - the underage teams have nothing to do with him anymore. The As don't play until the middle of October so Dempsey will be able to devote most of his time to the first team, and half of the first team will be the As anyway. McQuilkin is there too.
        And have the underage teams got a replacement yet? Who do you think he will be coaching back with Leinster bearing in mind that most of the Leinster forwards are in camp Ireland. I suppose he could have given Bent some one-on-one coaching or something!

        As Academy Head, is Girvan not in charge of the sub-academy as well?
        Last edited by jeepers; 27th-June-2015, 18:50.

        Comment


          Originally posted by jeepers View Post
          And have the underage teams got a replacement yet? Who do you think he will be coaching back with Leinster bearing in mind that most of the Leinster forwards are in camp Ireland. I suppose he could have given Bent some one-on-one coaching or something!

          As Academy Head, is Girvan not in charge of the sub-academy as well?
          Nobody as far as I know. Think Dempsey oversees the sub-Academy but again I'm not privy to the details.

          edit: I knew I'd forgotten one. Shaun Berne has been appointed to the academy too
          Last edited by whimpersnap; 27th-June-2015, 22:08.

          Comment


            Originally posted by jeepers View Post
            Scrum coach got the bullet
            He will also be at RWC, with Tonga!

            Comment


              Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
              Nobody as far as I know. Think Dempsey oversees the sub-Academy but again I'm not privy to the details.

              edit: I knew I'd forgotten one. Shaun Berne has been appointed to the academy too

              Another appointment confirmed today by Leinster Rugby was that of Shaun Berne as Elite Player Development Officer. Berne, who played 23 times for Leinster from 2009-2011, will replace Wayne Mitchell who is moving to the UK.
              Fogarty was with the U20s as well. Hard to expect him and Girvan to be ready for work on 1 July!

              Comment


                Originally posted by jeepers View Post
                Fogarty was with the U20s as well. Hard to expect him and Girvan to be ready for work on 1 July!
                I'll be down there with a pistol on Wednesday morning to make sure they're not slacking.

                Comment


                  I think the squad demonstrates that Leinster would have a H Cup and Pro 12 league double if JS had been coach.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by hellovating View Post
                    so confusing Outlaw....

                    is mccloskey really at WC level? are you really saying Reid is????
                    Copeland is injured...... so are Healy, Fitzgerald and the rest of those that had elective surgery towards the end of the season
                    Wilson is not up to internation standard? are you saying Conan is?
                    Cronin doesn't have any form? do all those players that haven't played in 6 weeks or more have form?
                    Cronin simply hasn't done enough. If he played for Connacht he wouldn't even get a mention after being out for as long as he has. Nothing confusing he just doesn't have the game-time going into a WC.

                    Copeland last played .................

                    Wilson has been playing professional rugby for 12 years now and no international coach has fancied him as being at that standard- are they all wrong? Conan is being looked at with a view to the future. He has no chance of making the 30.

                    I think Reid offers something different in theory but he won't make the 30. Neither would Mc Closkey.
                    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

                    Comment


                      Personally don't think Copeland is physical enough for test rugby. Hopefully he will come good with an extended run of games. Just seems to be missing that small element of being a narky bollox. Although his provincial coach was the narkiest 8 ever to play the game so maybe he will blood him.
                      I am the million man.

                      Comment


                        Glen Jackson NZR will be the ref v Canada
                        Assistant ref 1 Pascal Gauzere FFR
                        Assistant ref 2 Mike Fraser NZR
                        TMO Ben Skeen NZR

                        Craig Joubert SARU will be the ref v Romania.
                        Assistant ref 1 Feckin poite
                        Assistant ref 2 Leighton Hodges WRU
                        TMO Shaun Veldsman SARU

                        Jérôme Garcès FR will be the ref v Italy.
                        Assistant ref 1 Pascal Gauzere FFR
                        Assistant ref 2 Angus Gardner ARU
                        TMO Graham Hughes RFU

                        Nigel will be the ref v France.
                        Assistant ref 1 Wayne Barnes RFU
                        Assistant ref 2 Leighton Hodges WRU
                        TMO Graham Hughes RFU
                        Last edited by frombrittany; 1st-July-2015, 16:11.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by frombrittany View Post
                          Glen Jackson NZR will be the ref v Canada
                          Assistant ref 1 Pascal Gauzere FFR
                          Assistant ref 2 Mike Fraser NZR
                          TMO Ben Skeen NZR

                          Craig Joubert SARU will be the ref v Romania.
                          Assistant ref 1 Feckin poite
                          Assistant ref 2 Leighton Hodges WRU
                          TMO Shaun Veldsman SARU

                          Jérôme Garcès FR will be the ref v Italy.
                          Assistant ref 1 Pascal Gauzere FFR
                          Assistant ref 2 Angus Gardner ARU
                          TMO Graham Hughes RFU

                          Nigel will be the ref v France.
                          Assistant ref 1 Wayne Barnes RFU
                          Assistant ref 2 Leighton Hodges WRU
                          TMO Graham Hughes RFU
                          This is great news. Best ref in the world for our toughest pool game. This has made my day. Shame to see Barnes on the line but hopefully he won't do too much damage from there.

                          Comment


                            No Poite or Barnes! [emoji3]

                            Comment


                              That is fantastic news, thought we were sure to get Barnes for France.

                              Comment


                                Aussies won't be happy to see Poite in charge of the England game.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X