Wales RWC Squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wales RWC Squad

Jonathan Davies is out, ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament.

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
    Jonathan Davies is out, ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament.
    Game changer really in that pool. England's passage just got easier.
    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Massive blow but Scott Williams hasn't let them down in the past. This could also be Tyler Morgan's chance.
      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
        Massive blow but Scott Williams hasn't let them down in the past. This could also be Tyler Morgan's chance.
        Williams nowhere near davies level. Davies offers a a sublety in Warrenball. Williams is Warrenball and with North's concusion problems it could be a very early exit for Wales.
        I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
          Game changer really in that pool. England's passage just got easier.
          Agreed. Davies has become, over the last four years, a really impressive game-maker type centre. Good hands (remember when he couldn't pass), great eye for opportunity and brings people around him so much into the game. One of Gatland's bankers.
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Very disappointed. A player I've always admired and would love to have seen him join Munster
            I am the million man.

Comment

Funny player Davies . . . .I've seen games where he was totally anonymous as well as the games where he has done very well.

V England in this years 6N iirc was one of them. I recall fearing his influence in big games when Munster met Scarlets and it never coming to pass. . . .

Either way terrible to hear of any players missing the RWC in his prime.

Get well soon Foxy.

Comment

Terrible news for him, he's one of those deceptive types and I make no apologies in ranking him a tad behind Jauzion and Smith as players who just make It happen while making it look as though they are doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzyg View Post
                  Terrible news for him, he's one of those deceptive types and I make no apologies in ranking him a tad behind Jauzion and Smith as players who just make It happen while making it look as though they are doing nothing.
                  Interesting post bazzyg, I think in each case the auld haircut left a lot be desired.
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Another one bites the dust!

Wales have suffered another major pre-World Cup injury blow with prop Rhodri Jones set to miss the tournament.

The WRU has announced that the Scarlets tighthead requires surgery to repair a ruptured pectoral muscle, and faces an absence of 12 to 16 weeks. Scott Andrews has been called into the training squad in Jones’ absence.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Wonder if he did himself that mischief picking up tractor tyres?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                        Another one bites the dust!

Wales have suffered another major pre-World Cup injury blow with prop Rhodri Jones set to miss the tournament.

The WRU has announced that the Scarlets tighthead requires surgery to repair a ruptured pectoral muscle, and faces an absence of 12 to 16 weeks. Scott Andrews has been called into the training squad in Jones’ absence.

Hmmmm, some Welsh players gone preseason, maybe spala, bla de bla, may not have quite the positive effects that they anticipate it will.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
                          Hmmmm, some Welsh players gone preseason, maybe spala, bla de bla, may not have quite the positive effects that they anticipate it will.
                          Thought they where in Switzerland first, building up to Spala ?

Comment

Oohh halfpenny taken off on stretcher..doesnt look good.That will be a big loss to wales.
                            Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Webb was stretchered off too wasn't he?

Comment

Working...
                              X