No announcement yet.

Match officials announced for RWC 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On your substantive point, yes Nigel and maybe Joubert are better than Garces, though after Joubert gave the most one eyed refereeing performance ever in the last RWC final, I'm not at all in agreement on that one and as for Poite being better than Garces.... ehhhhhh no :)
    Last edited by Daithi; 4th-July-2015, 09:21.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
      Yes for sure, they were good refs Ustix, but my question is if you(& Outlaw think he is overrated) who of the current intl refs is or are better than Nigel Owens??

For me, the only ref who comes close is Garces, & tbh I think Nigel still shades it

What I don't like about Owens is his lack of consistency. I've no issue with refs not seeing everything- that's not possible. However I think he likes to make a name for himself and is well aware of his public image.

Ireland v NZ - he pings Mc Grath in the 78th minute for sealing off. NZ had been sealing off the entire game but he chose that minute to ping someone

Metro v northampton- same offence again. Northampton prior to that ruck also had been sealing off - he chose the 79th minute to ping Metro for it and decide the game.

If you'e not going to apply it for the whole game don't play God at the end.
      I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
        What I don't like about Owens is his lack of consistency. I've no issue with refs not seeing everything- that's not possible. However I think he likes to make a name for himself and is well aware of his public image.

Ireland v NZ - he pings Mc Grath in the 78th minute for sealing off. NZ had been sealing off the entire game but he chose that minute to ping someone

Metro v northampton- same offence again. Northampton prior to that ruck also had been sealing off - he chose the 79th minute to ping Metro for it and decide the game.

If you'e not going to apply it for the whole game don't play God at the end.
        There you go Nigel! If your'e reading? Outlaw has just highlighted why you are not as good at your job as you should be. If you could just iron out those couple of flaws, you might become one of the most respected refs in professional rugby.
        Last edited by shanners; 4th-July-2015, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
          Can never understand the embiggening of Garces, the breakdown is a free for all with him, he doesn't mark the attacking side and when he gets befuddled his english goes out the window.

plus, do a simple google image search for him, he ALWAYS looks half asleep
          Just imagine how good Garces will be when he finally wakes up.
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Seemingly our Nigel has taken to the hurdling.
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by shanners View Post
              There you go Nigel! If your'e reading? Outlaw has just highlighted why you are not as good at your job as you should be. If you could just iron out those couple of flaws, you might become one of the most respected refs in professional rugby.
              You could pick out lots of examples from the England-France game too. He's not a bad ref but his style is the opposite of pedantic - he likes to ensure a free-flowing game and, inevitably, that means he'll miss a lot of offences. Other referees might not have such a feel for the flow of the game or whatever, but they'll make more correct decisions, and people always ask for consistency.

Comment

Working...
              X