England 2015 RWC squad and player discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
    Robshaw miles better then Wood for me. He was a slow burner for me but robshaw has grown on me. His games stats are pretty good. Morgan is a 20 minute man off the bench. Vunipola much better rounded player for me.
    I think Wood is a fine player but liable to do stupid things on the pitch. I've never been a fan of Rabshow and don't think that'll change soon. I think Morgan is a better footballer personally but probably struggles to last the 80. Vunipola is big a uses it like a bully. When teams get tough with him he doesn't like it. The All Blacks showed in November how to handle him.
    He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
      I think Wood is a fine player but liable to do stupid things on the pitch. I've never been a fan of Rabshow and don't think that'll change soon. I think Morgan is a better footballer personally but probably struggles to last the 80. Vunipola is big a uses it like a bully. When teams get tough with him he doesn't like it. The All Blacks showed in November how to handle him.
      If it's only the AB's that can stop him- he's not doing too badly! I thought he was pretty effective against us in the Aviva on a side going backwards all day. Still very young.
      I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Will England Recall Steffon Armitage For The WC

Robshaw miles better then Wood for me. He was a slow burner for me but robshaw has grown on me. His games stats are pretty good. Morgan is a 20 minute man off the bench. Vunipola much better rounded player for me.
        If you had a back row of Armitage, Robshaw and Vunipola you would seriously compromise your line out options.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
          If you had a back row of Armitage, Robshaw and Vunipola you would seriously compromise you line out options.
          With Launchbury, Lawes and Parling to choose from in the second row?
          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Will England Recall Steffon Armitage For The WC

With Launchbury, Lawes and Parling to choose from in the second row?
            Three good locks but there are only two jerseys they can wear and the only one of that back row who is an option at all is Robshaw and he is not great in the Line Out. Ireland benefit hugely from the pressure a player like POM, easier to get up in the air as he is, puts on opposition throws. England miss Wood being able to do that for them.
            Last edited by the plastic paddy; 1-April-2015, 19:33.

Comment

If we were playing England at the RWC, I'd be quite happy to see them move Robshaw from 7, whether they bring in Armitage or not.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                If we were playing England at the RWC, I'd be quite happy to see them move Robshaw from 7, whether they bring in Armitage or not.
                Listening to Brian Moore and Neil Back on talksport podcast they both said that England's pack today is lacking the hard nosed bastards that England's pack of 2003 enjoyed.
                I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                  Listening to Brian Moore and Neil Back on talksport podcast they both said that England's pack today is lacking the hard nosed bastards that England's pack of 2003 enjoyed.
                  Not sure SA is a bastard (unless, possibly, you meet him in the street). True there is no proper bollix like Neil Back in the back row.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                    Not sure SA is a bastard (unless, possibly, you meet him in the street). True there is no proper bollix like Neil Back in the back row.
                    Richard Hill
                    Lawrence
                    Moody
                    Back.

Four horsemen, they could only dream about such ferocity and viciousness nowadays
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                      Richard Hill
                      Lawrence
                      Moody
                      Back.

Four horsemen, they could only dream about such ferocity and viciousness nowadays
                      Ferris
                      Wallace
                      Leamy
                      Quinlan

Comment

Messam
                        Kaino
                        McCaw
                        read
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Ferris
                          Wallace
                          Leamy
                          Quinlan
                          The Brand
                          Croft
                          Robshaw
                          The Brand again

Comment

Originally posted by CorcĂ­och View Post
                            Bear in mind though its not just about your best 1 to 15/ 1 - 23.

Its a RWC, you need depth, you need to rest players so you need a whole other back row and then some . . . . .

Mind you the stats for the game time in minutes that Rob Shaw has are huge, I don't think he is ever rested.
                            It is, but I don't think that Lancaster will break the non-selection rule for squad depth. If it was a nailed on first team starter in a position with few alternatives he might be tempted. But if he breaks the structure and ends up not playing the guy, they'll have given up a lot for not very much.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

http://news.sky.com/story/1484802/tu...police-assault

Tuilagi out of World cup.
                              Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
                                Was it his tackle that led to wally catching his studs on the pitch and put wally out of world cup

Comment

Working...
                                X