England 2015 RWC squad and player discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England 2015 RWC squad and player discussions

After not including Steffon Armitage in the England six nations squad will Stuart Lancaster do a U turn and include him in the England world cup squad ?

In my view Armitage will not probably not make the squad simply because he is not playing his club rugby in England and it will be a big mistake by Lancaster if he does not include him ion the squad . Or is it all down to Lancaster to recall him or not ?

If he calls up Armitage, PRL will blow a gasket.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
      If he calls up Armitage, PRL will blow a gasket.

He should do it so. :)

Comment

I think he should do it for playing reasons as well because I don't think Armitage would look anything like as good in that England team as he does in the Toulon side. Richie and Lancaster must be hoping that he gets convicted for his drunken assault so the nonsense will stop. Judging by the Telegraph a lot of people seem to think he is a fat Richie McCaw.

Comment

I for one don't know.
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
            I for one don't know.
            You're no fun.
            Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Possibly. Or possibly not
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I don't think there's a clear enough need for him for them to go to the bother involved. He wouldn't replace Vunipola at 8, because he's not an 8, and there's no way Robshaw is getting dropped.

Personally, I'd put him in at 7 and move Robshaw to 6, but they'd have done that with someone else by now if they were going to do it.

Will he take that ball ache for a man he knows he's put on the bench? I reckon if Dan Cole was playing in France it would be a different matter.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

I wouldn't worry about small matters such as assault. England would pick Fred West if he'd win them the WC.
                  I'd say there's some integrity amongst the players. I don't think Robshaws a bad egg for example and ford is a humble man for one so young but the selectors, quasi sekectors, powerbrokers and blazers of English rugby are the Kitcheners or the Haigs of world rugby. Best of luck to them.:p
                  So I walked as day was dawning
                  Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                  Where we once watched the row boats landing
                  By the broad majestic shannon

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                    I don't think there's a clear enough need for him for them to go to the bother involved. He wouldn't replace Vunipola at 8, because he's not an 8, and there's no way Robshaw is getting dropped.

Personally, I'd put him in at 7 and move Robshaw to 6, but they'd have done that with someone else by now if they were going to do it.

Will he take that ball ache for a man he knows he's put on the bench? I reckon if Dan Cole was playing in France it would be a different matter.
                    England need him. Robshaw- Armitage-Vunipola is a world class backrow

The Brand-Robshaw-Vuniploa- isn't
                    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Bear in mind though its not just about your best 1 to 15/ 1 - 23.

Its a RWC, you need depth, you need to rest players so you need a whole other back row and then some . . . . .

Mind you the stats for the game time in minutes that Rob Shaw has are huge, I don't think he is ever rested.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                        England need him. Robshaw- Armitage-Vunipola is a world class backrow

The Brand-Robshaw-Vuniploa- isn't
                        Rabshow is nowhere near world class IMO. He tackles. Doesn't do much else for me. Wood, Armitage, Morgan would be my choice.
                        He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
                          You're no fun.
                          Speculation, muh'lawd.
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boudjellal-Les-Roms-du-rugby_article_hover_preview.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	2485310

"ya, that lad there, Streffon, he's not leaving my club next autumn for anything"
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
                              Rabshow is nowhere near world class IMO. He tackles. Doesn't do much else for me. Wood, Armitage, Morgan would be my choice.
                              Robshaw miles better then Wood for me. He was a slow burner for me but robshaw has grown on me. His games stats are pretty good. Morgan is a 20 minute man off the bench. Vunipola much better rounded player for me.
                              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Working...
                              X