Campervan berths in Cardiff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campervan berths in Cardiff?

Hi all, going to Ireland V France game in Cardiff in October. Cant find a place to leave the campervan for the weekend? All the campsites are booked out. Any suggestions or past experiences of camping in Cardiff.

Thanks,
    Cors

http://www.munsterfans.com/archive/i...p/t-11722.html

aside from that. The vale of Glamorgan will offer you better scenery etc. Don't be afraid to cast your net a little further. Look along the railway lines etc.
    Last edited by Huwie; 29th-January-2015, 23:38.
    The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
    Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Cheers, I will look through the thread. The accommodation in Cardiff is a bit off the scale price wise.
      Cors

Comment

Trefforest is only a short train journey away and if I remember correctly it has/had a caravan park. No idea what it's like though, but there used to be a decent Mongolian restaurant in trefforest
        Not sure if any clubs will accommodate at this time of year but always worth the try.

its been over 14 years since I lived in the area
        The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
        Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Will keep looking!
          Cors

Comment

They've set up a campsite at the SWALEC Stadium on HEC Final weekends in the past, might be worth checking out

Comment

Will do- seems St Albans RFC put up campervans also., managed to find a place called www.tycochleisure.com which is between Cardiff and Newport and they have availability now.
              Cors

Comment

Someone in Cardiff who is a Munster man in Exile directed me to this thread on your forum.

We are the Cardiff Harlequins Rugby club in Cardiff located to the north of the city just by the M4. For the last 3 Heineken Finals with Irish teams with have opened our site for tents and campervans so that you don't have to stay miles out of the city.

People have already started contacting us about staying in Campervans for the weekend of Irelands visit to Cardiff to play France and we have decided to open the car park again for campervans. If you are hardy enough we may even do tents but I guess that is all weather dependent.

I have set up an email account to try and deal with this at rwc.cardiffquins@gmail.com

You can see the club at cardiffharlequins .com

thanks

Paul Driscoll (no O')

Comment

Hi Paul, thanks for this, just sent you an email. Very generous of Cardiff Harlequins!!
                  Cors

Comment

Originally posted by paul in cardiff View Post
                    Someone in Cardiff who is a Munster man in Exile directed me to this thread on your forum.

We are the Cardiff Harlequins Rugby club in Cardiff located to the north of the city just by the M4. For the last 3 Heineken Finals with Irish teams with have opened our site for tents and campervans so that you don't have to stay miles out of the city.

People have already started contacting us about staying in Campervans for the weekend of Irelands visit to Cardiff to play France and we have decided to open the car park again for campervans. If you are hardy enough we may even do tents but I guess that is all weather dependent.

I have set up an email account to try and deal with this at rwc.cardiffquins@gmail.com

You can see the club at cardiffharlequins .com

thanks

Paul Driscoll (no O')
                    Little things like this make the RWC accessible to ordinary punters at a time when the organisers are making it less accessible with their silly ticket prices and distribution channels, good on you.

Comment

Any help in Sharing resources and support is always welcome!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X