Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cardiff Accommodation - almost one year away

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. With opportunities for a couple of trips to Cardiff during the tournament....

Sun 11th Oct - France v Ireland

Sat 17th Oct - 1st C v 2nd D (NZ v Fra?)
    Sun 18th Oct - 1st D v 2nd C (Ire v Arg?)

....I'm trying to figure out a way to get a head start on booking a room. Does anyone know a hotel that will take bookings this far ahead at a decent rate, or know a good system for figuring out when rooms become available? Just want to avoid the usual 6N rush for rooms, especially with 4 nations worth of fans trying to squeeze into Cardiff on the QF weekend.

Thanks all,
    Johnny.

Have you tried contacting hotels directly? Most 3rd party booking systems only allow bookings 12 months before the end of your stay.

Comment

Originally posted by <BM> View Post
      Have you tried contacting hotels directly? Most 3rd party booking systems only allow bookings 12 months before the end of your stay.
      Virtually all hotel systems operate on a tool in g365 days basis, and merge availability rich online travel agents the same way, accept the French company accor - Novotel / Ibis etc who operate longer ranges.
      locally the hotels will be able to give you a rate on the phone, but Cardiff revenue managers know the rugby Dates very well indeed, don't expect much.
      Offside Ref! He's being doing it all day

Comment

FYI - QF weekend rooms available at the Cardiff Gate, refundable too, so possibly a good placeholder until something better comes up....

http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-3159-ib...te/index.shtml

Thanks for the heads up Eastender...

Comment

Finally a friend of mine comes to the Cardiff quarter finals with his van.
          So before cancel hotel, if someone is interested please pm.

Booked sat 17 oct Newport / Victoria Hotel. Room until 4 person. 100£

Comment

Originally posted by frombrittany View Post
            Finally a friend of mine comes to the Cardiff quarter finals with his van.
            So before cancel hotel, if someone is interested please pm.

Booked sat 17 oct Newport / Victoria Hotel. Room until 4 person. 100£
            Im interested in taking up that room . Can i pm u later if its a go. Is it just avaiable for one night?
            Last edited by Benji; 10th-September-2015, 20:12.
            When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
              Sorry it's just for only one night. I had found accomodation in Cardiff for the other nights.
              It's ok, of course you can pm later, I have time to cancel.

Comment

Anyone staying in Swansea for the france game ??? We booked a very nice hotel at a cracking price it's not that far away by train or taxi we will be there saturday and Sunday night

Comment

Working...
                X