Ireland To Bid For 2023 World Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Username View Post
    Argentina are a shoe in for the next world cup decision. Open secret.
    Are they?

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    You need to frame the argument to suit the Southern Hemisphere applicants ;)

By dint of fact there will be 3 RWCs held in the NH in a row, the Southern Hemisphere is long overdue the RWC.

Because reasons
    Its not. Japan play all rugby and based in SH in rugby and them getting the 2019 world cup ties in with every 2nd world cup being in NH/SH.

Comment

I'm posing this as a question ( cos i don't have an iota about a specific response tbh):

Q. Why did all of the other Pro14 union representatives vote against Ireland's bid for RWC2023?

I know the given answers e.g. Scotland say they wanted the biggest paying bid to win, Wales say they wanted to back Gareth Davies' position, Italy whatever!??

But isn't it curious that the IRFU & the RWC2023 bid team, with all of their extensive lobbying and political manouvering could not persuade any of the fellow PRO 14 unions to vote for our bid. Surely there were measureable benefits, as well as likely synergies that should have engaged these unions better e.g. enhanced pro 14 venues in Ireland, proximity benefits, warm up games, cultural similarities, engaging the US, etc,etc,etc. Instead all of them voted for the other 2 bids. Very disappointing, but also baffling tbh....

anyone got any ideas!?
      Last edited by Daithi; 22nd-November-2017, 21:10.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

They all hate us/Joe
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Begrudgery? Them Irish have grown too big for their...
          Good to have you back on board Daithi.
          What's happened to the pp?
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
            Begrudgery? Them Irish have grown too big for their...
            Good to have you back on board Daithi.
            What's happened to the pp?
            Thanks Ustix.

p.s. PP last posted on Nov 5th, his 21,000 th + contribution to other's rugby knowledge here(including my own) - what a MF legend!!
            Last edited by Daithi; 22nd-November-2017, 21:49.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
              Thanks Ustix.

p.s. PP last posted on Nov 5th, his 21,000 th + contribution to other's rugby knowledge here(including my own) - what a MF legend!!
              A decent skin as Dunphy would put it.
              I just hope Bristol's unfeasibly bright future hasn't dazzled him.
              Last edited by ustix; 22nd-November-2017, 23:14.
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

We're already far ahead of the other Celtic unions in terms of governance and how we get the best out of our resources. Having a World Cup here would only boost domestic rugby which is a direct threat to Wales and Scotland. It's short-sighted and counterproductive but, hey, it's not the first time. It just shows we need to continue to act solely in our own interest and, if that aligns with theirs, so be it.

Comment

I think the Welsh in particular have a massive issue with Irish success. They really would have hated to see us getting a RWC.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                    I think the Welsh in particular have a massive issue with Irish success. They really would have hated to see us getting a RWC.
                    Not all of them by any means. There are some however and a quick look at Gwlad every now and then will reaffirm the depth of their hatred. It's quite an eye opener.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
                    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                      Not all of them by any means. There are some however and a quick look at Gwlad every now and then will reaffirm the depth of their hatred. It's quite an eye opener.

Have a look on the Glasgow warriors fan forum for munster/Irish hatred ....

Comment

Originally posted by James NB View Post
                        Nah. It might ruin my buzz.
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by James NB View Post
                          Do they need an entire forum just to type "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" over and over?

Comment

I see the Welsh pundit at the Blues v Conn game had a go when asked if Wales had a chance tomorrow.
                            Stated that NZ playing with a weakened pack like they did against Ireland in Chicago.....
                            A little green eyed me thinks--- no love lost at all
                            Truth, reconciliation and oilstone time

Comment

Originally posted by reded View Post
                              I see the Welsh pundit at the Blues v Conn game had a go when asked if Wales had a chance tomorrow.
                              Stated that NZ playing with a weakened pack like they did against Ireland in Chicago.....
                              Ahh yea that All black pack would have been found out at UBL level.... [emoji23] gotta say, that spite is making for a great Nov series, much more enjoyable when you want nz to run up a cricket score

Comment

Originally posted by reded View Post
                                Spotted that! Talk about a back handed compliment! Pure jealousy!

Had to turn commentary off during the match. They were showing repsect to Connacht when they looked like being in a position to produce a comeback win, but once it was certain Blues would win that pretence quickly disappeared.

Hope NZ absolutely cane them!

Comment

Working...
                                X