Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland To Bid For 2023 World Cup?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Stadium infrastructure could easily enough been upgraded. Eir and the other bband providers would fall over themselves to sort it
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

    Comment


      Originally posted by glorob View Post
      Once again our Celtic cousins in Wales and Scotland do us no favours.
      I wonder will Wales get another World Cup game in the Millennium, as they did in 2007 --- not that that would have anything to do with how they voted ... of course
      Very disappointing altogether, in lots of ways.

      Sorry - thought Wales went with France - my indignation is greater than my accuracy.
      Last edited by anno12; 17th-November-2017, 18:50. Reason: inaccuracy

      Comment


        RWC is hardly orientated towards three European tournaments between 2015 and 2027.
        Perhaps we might be brave and long-termist and line up all of our ducks and go all in for 2031, a mere 44 years into the evolution of RWC.
        Sure the broad band will be well and truely rolled out by then.
        Last edited by ustix; 15th-November-2017, 19:48.
        Gwan Joe!!

        Comment


          Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
          It took me two and half hours recently in Paris from plane landing to arriving at my hotel in the centre. In Dublin, I have done thin in 30 mins using the 747.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


          Wouldnt a lot of that depend on arrival time?

          Comment


            Originally posted by ustix View Post
            RWC is hardly orientated towards three European tournaments between 2015 and 2027.
            Perhaps we might be brave and long-termist and line up all of our ducks and go all in for 2031, a mere 44 years into the evolution of RWC.
            Sure the broad band will be well and truely rolled out by then.
            It isnt great for the sport to have 3 world cups in europe in that time frame but where else can cup go realistically?
            Ideally we would have some american countries look to host but have any countries ever looked to host?

            Comment


              Originally posted by lawrence View Post
              Wouldnt a lot of that depend on arrival time?
              They leave the airport every 15 mins. I fly in and out of Dublin twice a week, it's really simple and much handier than many other European capitals

              Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

              Comment


                https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...93110?mode=amp

                IRFU should now decide who they give Internationals to and who they don’t. The 6 nations is our bread and butter and always will be. Happy to support USA and Canada including tours etc. but the rest can go fupp themselves. Scotland and Wales in club rugby can do what they like but under no circumstances do we ever think of them in future decisions.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                  Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                  Wouldnt a lot of that depend on arrival time?
                  Well - my experience in Dublin airport has been consistently a lot better than in CDG - saying that I have now jinxed myself for a flight In in Friday evening.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by TokyoCrusaders92 View Post
                    I recommend the trans Siberian railway to Vladivostok and the ferry from there to Japan :-)

                    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                    Wow, can I go back in years and try that.
                    Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



                    Comment


                      Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                      Would have been a good opportunity to improve the infrastructure- and 6 years would surely have been enough time.

                      Yea sure, 6 years is plenty of time. What country do you live in? They have been trying to build a decent road from Cork to Killarney for 20 years, and a motorway to limerick for close to 6 already, it would be a wonder if either are completed by then.

                      The M50 is compeletley over subscribed at the moment, another 6 years of adding to that volume with no sign of an outer relief road is going to work wonders alright.

                      Comment


                        Ireland To Bid For 2023 World Cup?

                        Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                        Yea sure, 6 years is plenty of time. What country do you live in? They have been trying to build a decent road from Cork to Killarney for 20 years, and a motorway to limerick for close to 6 already, it would be a wonder if either are completed by then.

                        The M50 is compeletley over subscribed at the moment, another 6 years of adding to that volume with no sign of an outer relief road is going to work wonders alright.
                        I don’t disagree with that and have not been a fan of our bid given other priorities. Although I am confident we would have delivered a great World Cup - we do pope’s visits well. We do special olympics well, we do booms and busts and drinking competitions and austerity and six nations and Eurovision’s well - no doubt we would have delivered a great World Cup.

                        I will be sending my Scottish and Welsh voting grudges to college....


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by The Last Stand; 15th-November-2017, 20:47.

                        Comment


                          RWC would have been a bigger logistical event than anything we've ever held before

                          As a friend said to me, you're not gonna be award the tournament on 'being great craic' alone

                          If we were to bid again in the future I think the lessons learnt would be of huge benefit. Hindsight being 20:20 and all that but maybe getting more consultants who've secured the RWC or even an Olympics like London would have helped(did we head hunt any heavy duty consultants or lobbyists?)

                          At the end of the day we can all think of Fla hoofing that filthy Frenchman.
                          I am the million man.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                            RWC would have been a bigger logistical event than anything we've ever held before

                            As a friend said to me, you're not gonna be award the tournament on 'being great craic' alone

                            If we were to bid again in the future I think the lessons learnt would be of huge benefit. Hindsight being 20:20 and all that but maybe getting more consultants who've secured the RWC or even an Olympics like London would have helped(did we head hunt any heavy duty consultants or lobbyists?)

                            At the end of the day we can all think of Fla hoofing that filthy Frenchman.
                            The RWC has built itself up to being the 3rd biggest sporting event in the world but the reality is that it is akin to the cricket and hockey World Cups. So far behind the Euros and Football World Cup and the Olympics as to make it irrelevant.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              The Welsh and Scottish unions yet again conspire to support rivals over the Irfu. That's the most displeasing element of not winning the vote. I can just about understand Italy voting as they did, but ultimately our celtic cousins, fellow pro 14 unions and near neighbours who would have had ripple effects in tourism, etc, etc yet again went against Irish rugby when their support really mattered .... The Wru & Sru are going beyond tedious and annoying tbh, the Irfu & Irish rugby owe them no loyalty whatsoever now imho.
                              Last edited by Daithi; 15th-November-2017, 21:24.
                              ____________________________________________
                              Munster were great when they were Munster.

                              alas they are just north munster now.......
                              ____________________________________________

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                                The RWC has built itself up to being the 3rd biggest sporting event in the world but the reality is that it is akin to the cricket and hockey World Cups. So far behind the Euros and Football World Cup and the Olympics as to make it irrelevant.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Were you at the world cup in England? Gotta say it was very impressive from a logistics and planning point of view. I havent been at an Olympics or a soccer world cup but as an event, it has to be bigger than the euros.

                                Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X