• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Britain Population: 62 Million
    Japan Population: 127 Million

New Zealand Population: 4.3 Million
    Ireland Population: 6.2 Million

Plus, thankfully the IRB aren't FIFA (I hope) they pick hosting venues on their merits and attractiveness to the rugby playing and paying public. We pitch this properly and we've every bit as good a chance as anyone
    Last edited by Cowboy; 21st-February-2012, 11:27.
    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
      I know im sounding negative but look at the stadiums being used for the next 2 world cups in england and japan and those used in france in 07. The 07, 15 and 19 had or will have stadiums with an average capacity of about 45000. We dont have anywhere near enough stadiums to get near those kind of attendances
      It's all well and good throwing around big capacity stadia but I was in France in 07 and unless it's a tier 1 nation, the big stadia were never full. Russia vs USA in a 45,000 capacity ground? Gimme a break. The little games like that are prefect for the likes of Muzzer. If we're smart about how we schedule the pool games then this is doable.
      "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by masterchief View Post
        It's all well and good throwing around big capacity stadia but I was in France in 07 and unless it's a tier 1 nation, the big stadia were never full. Russia vs USA in a 45,000 capacity ground? Gimme a break. The little games like that are prefect for the likes of Muzzer. If we're smart about how we schedule the pool games then this is doable.
        How and where! Imagine the yanks were drawn to play in Galway, the place would literally be heaving. Or the Fijians or Samoans got a few games in Kilkenny or Waterford, get the tall ships to be around for the weekend. Kablammo, cash money for everyone. Tellin ye lads we have the makings of a superstar tournament in this country. We have the road network, we have the tourism network, we've the best links golf going. It would be a huge boost.
        I am the million man.

Comment

personally.id like to see... Ireland Argentina and Italy get their own RWC to host from 2023 onwards
          "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Yes it can be done with a bit of help from the Gaa. Oh it would be great for the country.
            When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
              Yes it can be done with a bit of help from the Gaa. Oh it would be great for the country.

And our Northern brethren! We'd need their help and inclusion to make this thing get off the ground. Its a political master stroke for both sides of the border, everyone gets a few quid out of it. The world gets to see we aint such a basket case as has been made out and your average paddy walking the streets lifts his effin chin for a while again
              I am the million man.

Comment

4 groups - 4 provinces....ideally split out....Ireland group in Leinster to fill Croker/Aviva, Eng group in Ulster - Clones/Casement/Ravenhill for example.....great tourism oppurtunity...

To start we should be setting up a 7's team and taking part in the 7's competition....just like the Gold Coast comp it effectively pays for the full year costs of having the team...

Comment

time for MF to put together their business proposal for the RWC (all copy-written of course so we can claim full credit!).
                  "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Id love it to happen but its not likely, the IRB wont make enough money off a world cup hosted mainly in ireland. If we got the use of several GAA stadiums it might be possible

With two more world cups with similar figures to 07 in France with stadiums with avarage capacity of around 50000 the IRB are not going to want to go "backwards". NZ got it because they are NZ and I really doubt they or any country that cannot guarnatee bigger crowds will ever get it again

Comment

the tv rights would be higher as our kick off times suit the big tv stations in UK France and SA... i read an article at the time , i will try find it.... where the big stations in UK and France paid a good bit less for the matches in NZ due to the kick off times and prime advertising slots
                      "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

http://www.worldstadiums.com/europe/countries/ireland.shtml

this is a great little website for the sports mad, you can compare all the countries you want, and their stadia, with a respectable amount of confidence.......

here´s New Zealand..
                        http://www.worldstadiums.com/oceania..._zealand.shtml

now considering the proximity of NZ to the rest of the world, they weren´t too worried about over crowding... we would need a lot of larger stadiums... but I reckon it´s possible... just get the damn train system sorted....

Here are the rugby world cup venues from 2007
                        http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium...cup_2007.shtml

rugby world cup 2003
                        http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium...cup_2003.shtml

rugby world cup 2011
                        http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium...cup_2011.shtml
                        Last edited by i_like_cake; 21st-February-2012, 12:44.
                        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                          http://www.worldstadiums.com/europe/countries/ireland.shtml

this is a great little website for the sports mad, you can compare all the countries you want, and their stadia, with a respectable amount of confidence.......

here´s New Zealand..
                          http://www.worldstadiums.com/oceania..._zealand.shtml

now considering the proximity of NZ to the rest of the world, they weren´t too worried about over crowding... we would need a lot of larger stadiums... but I reckon it´s possible... just get the damn train system sorted....

Here are the rugby world cup venues from 2007
                          http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium...cup_2007.shtml

rugby world cup 2003
                          http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium...cup_2003.shtml

rugby world cup 2011
                          http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium...cup_2011.shtml

NZ doesn't have the best rail system, and it worked out fine for folk (except for the locals on opening night!!). Remember what Obama said - Is Feider Linn!!!! (Think I had too many sugary pancakes this morning!)
                          "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post
                            4 groups - 4 provinces....ideally split out....Ireland group in Leinster to fill Croker/Aviva, Eng group in Ulster - Clones/Casement/Ravenhill for example.....great tourism oppurtunity...

To start we should be setting up a 7's team and taking part in the 7's competition....just like the Gold Coast comp it effectively pays for the full year costs of having the team...
                            Would there be the potential for political issues with hosting the English group in the North though, dya reckon?
                            "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Originally posted by lactose intolerant View Post
                              Would there be the potential for political issues with hosting the English group in the North though, dya reckon?
                              send them.to Musgrave.... Queen got the best welcome down in Cork...

Comment

not anymore lactose and I'd hope we would be far, far removed from those days by 2023
                                Life is good

Comment

Working...
                                X