No announcement yet.

Ireland To Bid For 2023 World Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are pretty OK for hotels I think. Lots of big conferences and events go on here plus you have campsites, b&bs, hostels, etc.
    The gouging bit yeah although I've never seen a RWC as pricy as England last time.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Have the Welsh asked for their pound of flesh yet?
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        Have the Welsh asked for their pound of flesh yet?
        The Cardiff gouging hotels have alright

Comment

They'll want matches in the Prinicpalillenium and they're shnakey enough to withhold votes to get those matches. Neck like Warburton the lot of them.
          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
            We are pretty OK for hotels I think. Lots of big conferences and events go on here plus you have campsites, b&bs, hostels, etc.
            The gouging bit yeah although I've never seen a RWC as pricy as England last time.

You tried to get a hotel room in Dublin lately? Little available and hugely overpriced

Comment

Yes I regularly stay and Dublin for work and have never had an issue getting hotels or paid over the odds.

Comment

Try booking a room for an International Weekend.
                Dublin Hotels have nothing to learn from their Cardiff counterparts (or Galway for that matter) when it comes to gouging.

Comment

I booked a Dublin hotel for the All-Blacks game, got the same rate I usually get.

Comment

I can get a double room in Clayton balls bridge for Sunday night for €42 Considering that's the day of the AI final.

Comment

That's without even looking at AirB&B which I increasingly use now.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                        I booked a Dublin hotel for the All-Blacks game, got the same rate I usually get.
                        Don't mention that to Soda Bread

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk

Comment

It's us against Italy at this stage.
                          The RSA are out as they cannot get the govt guarantees required to submit application.
                          France have only recently hosted it, it would create massive badwill if they got it.
                          Italy have the stadia and ability to host. The challenge there is selling tickets. If WR think they can sell the majority of tickets we could be in trouble.

Our bid is excellent, but not perfect. The Belfast venue issue needs to be sorted ASAP. I'm confident the IRFU want to host our group game v 4th ranked side there (same as ENG in Manchester), however there will need to be a min of 35k capacity at Casement for that to happen.
                          Our bid is superior to the NZ bid in almost every way. We would host an excellent RWC.

Comment

What is the latest on Casement Park does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
                              I can get a double room in Clayton balls bridge for Sunday night for €42 Considering that's the day of the AI final.

It's the night after the All-Ireland Football. You wouldn't have got anything near that for tomorrow night.

(The All-Ireland was the weekend before last ☺☺)
                              Last edited by Piquet; 16th-September-2016, 18:23.

Comment

Can get plenty of options even now of €100-130 for a double for tomorrow night. That's hardly exorbitant. Never mind the near 200 options on AirB&B under €100. I don't believe there would be an issue with accommodation for a RWC.

Comment

Working...
                                X