Ireland To Bid For 2023 World Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garryowen2323 View Post
    Some tickets may still be available but it's still on track to be the most successful yet ($$$ wise).

The way the cycles work with larger nation / smaller nation. France / NZ / Eng / Japan / ??? is due to be a larger nation again which will mean South Africa
    Their Minister for Sport, the appalling Fikile Mbalula, is currently doing simply glorious damage to any governmental credibility on sport there. He'd be involved with the bid. Also, there's no question that current discussions about goings-on in relation to the toeball WC sure as hell can't help them.
    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by munchamp
      Hi, just saw this thread. What do you think are Ireland's edge in bidding over Italy, France, and South Africa? I think its the passion of the fans.
      Money.

Comment

Infrastructure

Comment

We make a great cup of tea.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 22.44.21.png
Views:	1
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	2486080
          Last edited by FORWARD....; 6th-September-2015, 21:47.
          "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Just read a good point made by Stuart Barnes on sky. Ireland filling Wembley with 89k people last week against Romania has got to look good if you're World Rugby, deciding on who gets to host in 2023.

Comment

http://www.bbc.com/sport/36130932

Saffers are out.

Comment

Wow! This makes for rather depressing reading;

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/who...gby-world-cup/

Comment

Comments section worth reading, author obviously no knowledge of Ireland. Saying that if Italy were to get it I wouldn't be too upset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                  - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin77 View Post
                    Wow! This makes for rather depressing reading;

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/who...gby-world-cup/
                    That clown is not even related to a Journalist.

Comment

Linking it is only indulging him with page views. Maybe we're all living in a bubble but I have never come across an opinion like that from anybody of any nationality in any part of the world. At least it's an entirely fresh opinion I suppose, you don't see those too often.

Comment

Ireland To Bid For 2023 World Cup?

Oh how dare someone write something that doesn't praise us to the high heavens. Let's face it we are a small remote irrelevant island to a lot of the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lad View Post
                          Linking it is only indulging him with page views. Maybe we're all living in a bubble but I have never come across an opinion like that from anybody of any nationality in any part of the world. At least it's an entirely fresh opinion I suppose, you don't see those too often.
                          I thought it was very reasonable and balanced.
                          My computer thinks I'm gay
                          What's the difference anyway
                          When all the people do all day
                          Is stare into a phone

Comment

I'd say we've a reasonable shout, depending on whether they decide that Japan is really Northern Hemisphere and it has to go south after that.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

We are in with more than a reasonable shout if you ask me, we just have to hope that they don't fock up the bid.
                              If it came to it, even sharing a group with Italy could work, because you can be sure one of Sco, Eng & Wal will negotiate for them to hold their group on home soil.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                                We are in with more than a reasonable shout if you ask me, we just have to hope that they don't fock up the bid.
                                If it came to it, even sharing a group with Italy could work, because you can be sure one of Sco, Eng & Wal will negotiate for them to hold their group on home soil.
                                Hotel infrastructure would be my main fear, though I don't know if that gets weighed in the reckoning. That and the fact that we'd be exposed globally as a nation of gougers.
                                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                                X