X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ormond lad
    replied
    Originally posted by oscar22 View Post
    Interesting, is that the first RWC that has no Irish match Ref ? IE just 1 representative in the extended Match Officals panel..
    First without a match ref.
    Every world cup bar 1999, has had at least 2 Irish referees

Leave a comment:

• oscar22
    replied
    Interesting, is that the first RWC that has no Irish match Ref ? IE just 1 representative in the extended Match Officals panel..

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Guinness
    replied
    Match officials for tournament announced. Ireland poorly represented.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/s...p-call-up.html

Leave a comment:

• acheter
    replied
    Who does the author suggest take the final?

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Word Is Born
    replied
    Craig has gone and half retired from rugby. He won't ref any more 15 a side games but will continue on the 7s circuit and will take up a development role with World Rugby.

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    At least he's now admitting he was a coward. Whatever about making the wrong decision he should have faced the players afterwards

Leave a comment:

• Old Dog
    replied
    And .............

"Referee Craig Joubert has admitted with hindsight he would have reconsidered his decision to award Australia a contentious penalty which saw them edge Scotland 35-34 in a World Cup quarter-final at Twickenham in October.The South African has also admitted he ran off the pitch after blowing the final whistle to avoid confrontation with the players."
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...sion-1.2611778

Leave a comment:

• i_like_cake
    replied
    4 years later...

Ok regarding the Scotloand/Australia QuarterFinal, I just read this piece on Joubert from Will Greenwood, a nice article from a good guy..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/rugby-world-cup/11941250/Attack-Craig-Joubert-for-the-difficult-decisions-he-made-against-Scotland-and-you-are-attacking-the-spirit-of-rugby.html

Leave a comment:

• Clubman
    replied
    Was it Ian McGeechan that coined the phrase: You don't have to win the match, just make sure you have more points on the board when the final whistle blows?

Leave a comment:

• Daithi
    replied
    Originally posted by munsterforever View Post
    the all blacks certainly held the now tarnished trophy at the end but they didnt win the game against france.
    ahem MO, i hate to be pedantic (:) ), but I'm pretty sure they won it alright.

Leave a comment:

• munsterforever
    replied
    Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
    I think you will find that the fact that they held aloft the webb ellis trophy at the end - they may just have won that game.
    the all blacks certainly held the now tarnished trophy at the end but they didnt win the game against france.

Leave a comment:

• DONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Daithi View Post
    Oh really, then who won the match? France, Aus, Wales, Ireland or the tooth fairies???
    Question really is who lost?, any fool knows AB's won but who lost. France according to record books, but overall rugby in general as the final has not been seen by many as a fair contest.

Leave a comment:

• Dumptruck
    replied
    they have been the best team in the world since i can remember and without the blix, the haka etc then union would have been a poorer sport for it. I wanted them to put 50 on the French on sunday...but benji they didnt win the game on sunday and me and you both know it.
    I think you will find that the fact that they held aloft the webb ellis trophy at the end - they may just have won that game.

Leave a comment:

• Daithi
    replied
    they have been the best team in the world since i can remember and without the blix, the haka etc then union would have been a poorer sport for it. I wanted them to put 50 on the French on sunday...but benji they didnt win the game on sunday and me and you both know it.
    Oh really, then who won the match? France, Aus, Wales, Ireland or the tooth fairies???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X