Poll: Was it a Red Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: Was it a Red Card

Yes. However i would like to see red cards for tackling of line out jumpers and tackling of the player in the air when they land in a dangerous way
    Yes
    80.58%
    NO
    14.56%
    NO to be consistent with the other Spear decisions
    4.85%

The poll is expired.

Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Memo from Paddy O'Brien 2009 - "when a player is lifted and dropped from a height with no regard for a players safety a red card should be issued"

I don't see how anybody could possibly argue that what Warburton done was not a red card in that context.

Comment

Agreed with you busbi but some will argue the point
      Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

Red card correct decision no question , no debate , no argrument

Comment

It was a red but feel sorry for Wales all the same.

Comment

I would have proffered to see Wales go thro but they did have opportunities to win and didn't take them. Jones would not take on the responsibility of the drop attempt. Better to try even if you fail than not to try.He would not or could not take the chance. can't believe that France are in the final after losing two matches and playing like crap. That's an indictment of the tournament and it's organization that that can happen.
            Mumha Abu

Comment

I've added a third option.

Yes, I agree that spear tackles should be red cards, BUT this shouldn't have been a red card because the other spear tackles in the tournament were deemed to be yellow card offences.

Comment

Deemed by other refs, but corrected by citing panels. Bans mean the refs were wrong...

Comment

I dont agree that 3rd option is valid.
                  Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post

Yes, I agree that spear tackles should be red cards, BUT this shouldn't have been a red card because the other spear tackles in the tournament were deemed to be yellow card offences.
                    Never knew you had Kerry blood in you.

Comment

From the directive of Paddy O'Brien it's a red. Don't think there was any malice in it but AR had no choice as he saw it. I'd say if it was a touch judge who called it it would have been a yellow. Tough break for Wales.
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post

On the basis of consistency you are correct. But?? Just because the refs in prior games made the wrong call should the ref today have made a wrong call as well?

Comment

It was a penalty (as the laws state).

As regards cards and what colour? All previous decisions have resulted in yellow cards. So now we have a reffing inconsistency.

We also have another problem. Mr. O'Brien is an observer and meant to advise refs; he does not have the authority nor brief to change the laws. The law states 'from a height'; this wasn't so the advice (diktat?) is irrelevant.

Campese's criticism can also be brought against this ref. Another ref probably (from their past interpretations/actions) would have made a different decision, probably altering the result. So maybe he's right - Refs having too much influence on the result.

Who's reffing the final?

Comment

Originally posted by busbi View Post
                            Never knew you had Kerry blood in you.
                            All I want is consistency in a world gone mad.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Crowns3Stars View Post
                              Deemed by other refs, but corrected by citing panels. Bans mean the refs were wrong...
                              And they could have corrected this, and have been consistent.

Comment

Working...
                              X