RWC SF New Zealand V Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RWC SF New Zealand V Australia

Injuries are beginning to mount for Henry. He's called up Hosea Gear, for Muliaina (fractured shoulder), and Stephen Donald, for Colin Slade (same injury as Carter). Link

It's squeeky bum time in Kiwiland at the moment and no better team to intensify that feeling that the Aussies, fresh from their third straight win against the Saffers. If the Aussies can keep their injuries to a minimum then they could dump the perennial chokers out on their own patch. And I'm sure Robbie Deans will be saying to himself, "Ireland who?".
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Rumours abound about Cheaty McCaw's foot injury. Will he be fit?

Also Sewa's greatest fly-half in the world is nice and relaxed about the impending semi-final.

Linkage

Quade Cooper ready for All Blacks

Under-fire Australia fly-half Quade Cooper insists he is ready for the biggest game of his life despite his poor showing in the World Cup so far.
    Cooper will go into Sunday's semi-final against New Zealand expecting a barrage of abuse from the Eden Park crowd.
    He had struggled for form in the quarter-final win over South Africa.
    "I'd rather walk off the field as a winning team than walk off having the greatest game of my career and losing the game," said the 23-year-old.
    "My head was fine after the game - I was as happy as Larry sitting in the changing room. I don't care if I have a shocker and we win as a team."

Cooper was jeered by some New Zealanders in the crowd in Wellington last Saturday, and was called a "boofhead" by the Wallabies' 1991 World Cup-winning captain Nick Farr-Jones recently after taunting Richie McCaw during the countries' Tri-Nations encounters and escaping punishment for kneeing the All Blacks skipper in the face.
    "You hear noises in the crowd and obviously I know they are directed at me from everything that has been written, but it's not a distraction," insisted Cooper.
    "It's part and parcel of the game. We are the closest enemy to New Zealanders so we are going to cop it far more than any other [team].

"They [the fans] can do what they like. I'm not going to try to control anyone else's life. I'm going to do what I can to be the best I can be for my team.
    "These are the moments you play rugby for - playing the best team in the world, in their own back yard, in a World Cup semi-final. It doesn't get any better, and you have to take a moment to think how privileged you are."
    Former Wallabies winger David Campese has been among those critical of Cooper's performances in New Zealand so far.
    But Cooper, who was born in the same North Island town as All Blacks Keven Mealamu and Richard Kahui and only moved to Queensland as a 13-year-old, laughed off the criticism of Campese, his country's record try-scorer.

"Coming from a guy like that? I think I'll take the advice of my team-mates and my coaches that I have around me rather than outside influences," he said at a crowded news conference on Wednesday.
    "Cheers for the advice Campo, but I've got a lot of guys around me that are supportive."
    Cooper will line up against the All Blacks' third choice fly-half Aaron Cruden, after both Dan Carter and his replacement Colin Slade suffered tournament-ending groin injuries.
    Cruden was not in the original New Zealand squad, but Cooper insists the Wallabies do not see him as a weak link.
    "I'm sure he was training hard, knowing that there was a possibility he might be coming in, and I'm sure all his team-mates are doing everything they can to help him," he added.
    "He's a very good player, great on his feet, with a very good kicking game, and he poses a lot of threats across the board. I don't see myself as having the upper hand on him."

RECENT MEETINGS
    • Aug 2011: Australia 25-20 NZ
    • Aug 2011: NZ 30-14 Australia
    • Oct 2010: Australia 26-24 NZ
    • Sep 2010: Australia 22-23 NZ
    • Aug 2010: NZ 20-10 Australia
    • Jul 2010: Australia 28-49 NZ

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post

Also Sewa's greatest fly-half in the world is nice and relaxed about the impending semi-final.
      He's mine too. Even better than Ryan Lamb, IMHO.
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Ryan Lamb is #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
          He's mine too. Even better than Ryan Lamb, IMHO.
          The reaction of NZ fans tells you all you need to know about the guy. He is seen as the biggest threat to the All Blacks.
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Can't see Aus winning, even with the Blacks injuries. If the blacks are going to fall over it will be in the final.

Comment

Hope NZ get their words wrong during the morris dance or bite their tongues by accident but f*ck I hope they beat the Aussies.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                The reaction of NZ fans tells you all you need to know about the guy. He is seen as the biggest threat to the All Blacks.
                He's also the closest thing to Carlos Spencer this world cup has (ie, best meltdown potential). He's got away with an awful lot in this tournament, would love to see him come a cropper in the semi.

I'd also like to add that he's bloody lucky to even be there, IMHO. That knee on McCaw should have seen a ban.

Comment

Cooper is liable to a dose of the frannos at any time. One good hit and he melts like butter. The kiwis will target him with good cause
                  I am the million man.

Comment

The All Blicks will be ****ting themselves if they have to face Pocock without their serial cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                      The All Blicks will be ****ting themselves if they have to face Pocock without their serial cheater.

One can only hope that the likes of Meealamu does not resort to the ultimate dirty tactic, so far, to Pocock as they/he did to O'Driscoll, in my view they are still capable of it, win at all costs.

Comment

Cheaty has been passed fit to play.

Linkage

Richie McCaw passed fit for All Blacks

New Zealand captain Richie McCaw has been passed fit for Sunday's World Cup semi-final against Australia.
                        The flanker, 30, has overcome a foot injury and has been named in an All Blacks team to which coach Graham Henry has made three changes.
                        Aaron Cruden will start at fly-half while full-back Israel Dagg returns after missing the quarter-final victory over Argentina.
                        Winger Richard Kahui replaces Sonny Bill Williams, who is on the bench.

New Bath signing Stephen Donald, who joined the squad earlier this week when fly-half Colin Slade was ruled out with a groin injury, is also named as a replacement.
                        McCaw missed the opening two months of the Super 15 tournament with the injury and has sat out two matches at the World Cup.
                        He had limited participation in training but played through the pain in the quarter-final win over Argentina.
                        "The team was very happy with the way they played in the quarter-final win over Argentina," Henry said.
                        "It was a really intense battle, and that is what we needed heading into this weekend's match.

"We have been building slowly this week to be ready for Sunday, when we know there will need to be a further lift in intensity and physicality.
                        "It's a semi-final in the Rugby World Cup, and the team is excited by the challenge that lies ahead."
                        Australia triumphed in the last meeting between the countries almost two months ago, while both previous World Cup contests also went the Wallabies' way in the 1991 and 2003 semi-finals.
                        New Zealand: Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Richard Kahui, Aaron Cruden, Piri Weepu, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (captain), Jerome Kaino, Brad Thorn, Sam Whitelock, Owen Franks, Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock
                        Replacements: Andrew Hore, Ben Franks, Ali Williams, Victor Vito, Andy Ellis, Stephen Donald, Sonny Bill Williams

Comment

They got the mecano spanners out for Richies foot. Advantage All Blix

Click image for larger version

Name:	HansBrix.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	2468067
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Robbie Deans is risking Kurtley Beale at fb at the weekend. Major doubts about his fitness though.

Kurtley Beale/Adam Ashley-Cooper; James O'Connor, Adam Ashley-Cooper/Anthony Fainga'a, Pat McCabe, Digby Ioane; Quade Cooper, Will Genia; Radike Samo, David Pocock, Rocky Elsom; James Horwill (c), Dan Vickerman; Ben Alexander, Stephen Moore, Sekope Kepu. Reserves: Tatafu Polota Nau, James Slipper, Rob Simmons, Ben McCalman, Luke Burgess, Berrick Barnes, Anthony Fainga'a/Rob Horne

Comment

Beale is out
                              Con Artist

Comment

Working...
                              X