Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Zealand vs France

From NZ Herald - Parra at 10!!!

French coach Marc Lievremont has revealed a few surprises in his side to face the All Blacks in Saturday's Rugby World Cup 2011 Pool A decider at Eden Park.

Halfback Morgan Parra will start at first five outside Dimitri Yachvili.
    Dimitri Szarzewski is preferred to William Servat at hooker while Luc Ducalcon gets a start at tighthead prop.
    Lionel Nallet and Pascal Pape form the second row.
    Captain Thierry Dusautoir returns on the flank in a powerful back-row alongside Julien Bonnaire and Louis Picamoles.
    Damien Traille has held off the challenge of Cedric Heymans at fullback while Aurelien Rougerie moves from the left wing to centre.
    France
    1. Jean-Baptiste Poux
    2. Dimitri Szarzewski
    3. Luc Ducalcon
    4. Pascal Pape
    5. Lionel Nallet
    6. Thierry Dusautoir (c)
    7. Julien Bonnaire
    8. Louis Picamoles
    9. Dimitri Yachvili
    10. Morgan Parra
    11. Maxime Médard
    12. Maxime Mermoz
    13. Aurélien Rougerie
    14. Vincent Clerc
    15. Damien Traille
    Replacements
    16. William Servat
    17. Fabien Barcella
    18. Julien Pierre
    19. Imanol Harinordoquy
    20. Francois Trinh-Duc
    21. Fabrice Estebanez
    22. Cédric Heymans
    Superintendent Chalmers: “Thank the Lord”? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don’t have a place within an organized religion

I love Lievremont....what a character :o
    "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Quite bizarre. Given the surprises the Frogs have produced in recent world cups which no one expected its hard to say but that looks like a bad selection
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Clown of a coach, 4 years to get things right at 10 & he picks a SH at OH. Huge gamble that could backfire spectacularly. Picamoles ahead of Harry Ordinary? You must be joking. This is all typically French, they'll have a big performance in them at some stage in this tournament but if they had a proper coach like Noves, they would be contenders.

Comment

I actually think picking Traille at 15 is a madder selection than Parra at 10
          "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Are they not better off losing this one?

Comment

Holy Crap.... is this french manager for real...
              Traille at full back, 2 scrum halves against the No1 team in the world...

Open to correction here, but the 3 best players are on the bench, Harinorduquoy, Barcella and Servat....
              and that front row isn't really their strongest....

Are they actually trying to lose.... but not by an embarrassing amount.... they fancy our side of the draw...
              Lieverement is a genius if he aims to lose by 5 points only.... and manages it....
              He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Is that the smallest half back pairing in the world cup? It's two hobbits going up against Cowan and Carter. Plus ma nonu is going to have a field day
                I am the million man.

Comment

If the Chokers have any sense they will throw the game to get into the easier side of the draw.
                  The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

He's a gas man alright. I've never even heard of Parra starting at 10 before. Both himself and Yachvili are bossy little so and so's, can't see this ending well. Maybe Lievremont is just trying to make sure he ends up in our side of the draw
                    Superintendent Chalmers: “Thank the Lord”? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don’t have a place within an organized religion

Comment

Well, he might be playing games here. Although Parra at 10 and Hairydonkey on the bench is a close to insane as you can get, remember that a) the winner of this into the Aussie/S.A side of the knockouts while the runner-up goes into the (hopefully) Ire/Wales/Eng side and b) they are never going to beat the All Blacks twice, and if its going to be once, then let it be later in the tournament.

Seriously though, HD on the bench? Little Parr at 10? Dulacalon starting? He cant be looking to win this one....
                      I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Comment

To get your head round it just think of Ireland making the same selections - madness!

Comment

Originally posted by lactose intolerant View Post
                          I actually think picking Traille at 15 is a madder selection than Parra at 10
                          Jesus, I didn't even notice that.....they're throwing this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                            Clown of a coach, 4 years to get things right at 10 & he picks a SH at OH. Huge gamble that could backfire spectacularly. Picamoles ahead of Harry Ordinary? You must be joking. This is all typically French, they'll have a big performance in them at some stage in this tournament but if they had a proper coach like Noves, they would be contenders.
                            I'd have Picamoles in there, but Harry Ordinary instead of Bonnaire. God Nonu is going to have a walk in the park.

But how can he not pick someone like Medard at 15 instead of Traille?

Comment

Parra played at 10 in the first game when Skrela went off injured and Trinh-Duc was subbed.
                              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...
                              X