David Wallace out of RWC, Jennings called up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Wallace out of RWC, Jennings called up

Kidney confirmed it at press conference and no replacement to be named just yet. Replacement to be announced tomorrow. From Donn O'Sullivan on twitter.

F**king awful

Edit: Obviously I ment DAVID. How do I edit thread title?

Also Healy bang on eye fla bang on shin Heaslip knock on head all bruised but ok - from Emeraldrugby
    Last edited by born to hula; 27th-August-2011, 16:48.

We're ****ed. All my hope is gone with this news.

Although on reflection this Davis Wallace fellow probably isn't a huge loss.

Comment

Disaster!! If we achieve anything at the RWC some humble pie will be fecking demolished regarding Jennings/ Ronan. Still like JOC as best back up but what do I know. Devastated for Wally, utterly devastated. At least Fla doesn't sound too bad, clutching at dust there!!

Comment

My hand's were shaking typing it out, Dowlinz! But seriously, gutted for him. At press conference Kidney said he took it like the man he is and is obviously heartbroken but knows injuries are an occupational hazard.

I assume Jennings will be the replacement.

Comment

Gutted!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
          The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Most important player after O'Driscoll. Utterly irreplaceable. Too cruel for words.

RWC is over for Ireland.
            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Brutal for Wally. Anyone for Dominic Ryan?
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

It's a real face/job saver for Kidney though. With Wally gone he now has a credible excuse for what's going to happen next month.
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                  Most important player after O'Driscoll. Utterly irreplaceable. Too cruel for words.

RWC is over for Ireland.
                  After O Driscoll?

We'd get over no BOD, we wont get over this. Completely irreplaceable, too cruel. Felix Jones gets another few goes at the world cup, this was it for DW. A legend, and we're screwed now unfortunately.
                  The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by born to hula View Post
                    My hand's were shaking typing it out, Dowlinz!
                    Ha, understandable. All I'll say is its just as well we're playing abysmal at the moment because otherwise this news would destroy high expectations at the RWC. Instead its just broken what has become a faint hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                      It's a real face/job saver for Kidney though. With Wally gone he now has a credible excuse for what's going to happen next month.
                      So who would you have as coach OD?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                        So who would you have as coach OD?
                        Nick Mallett. Jim Williams. Jim Mallinder. Steve Meehan. Jake White. The list is virtually endless.
                        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

really sad of Wally, such a fine player !!!! I presume Jennings gets the call up -

Comment

We're fooked
                            "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                              Oh ffs. Firstly there's not such an absolutely huge differnce between starting with Sean O'Brien at 7 with Leamy as sub say as with Wally fit and SOB on bench. 2ndly injuries are part of the game, in a way we're lucking it wasn't POC, BOD, Fla or Ross say. 3rdly, Kidney won't need a job saver, as he is a class coach & manager, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. But Ireland's star players are patently getting old and its too early season to be trying to win knock out rugby with continuity tactics, so we are f****D again IMHO. (2 decent world cup campaigns from 7 ain't so hot)

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Working...
                              X