No announcement yet.

RWC Final 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Werent we due an announcement about salary capping?

Comment

Originally posted by acskerries View Post

South African shebeens, illegal drinking dens. I saw signs outside my nearest one in Durban saying "no dogs no knives no guns" Generally didn't go inside even if we were gasping for a drink!
      But it didn't say no Irish
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

The good people of bonymaen RFC were very sympathetic to their English neighbours, it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
          South Africa are only in the World Cup since 1995 and have one 3 since then - incredible achievement
          And AFAIK they have never conceded a try in any of the 3 finals right or wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by Out Half View Post

And AFAIK they have never conceded a try in any of the 3 finals right or wrong ?
            Yep, nor had they scored one in a final to today
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post

Good guess - the two passes leading to try 1 were very, very forward-looking.
              They were reviewed- on the slo mo seemed to me to be flat, and the on field decision was confirmed. Incredibly hard to determine from a 2D image when you don’t know where the overhead shot campers is located. I presume (hope) the video refs have training to avoid errors from this- but for me when the onfield and off field decisions concur, I just reckon they have more information than we do watching TV.

England fans booed another decision (not off side at the kick ahead) that also reviewed. Thought for a moment not all the Glasgow fans had gone home- but then realised they wouldn’t have disapproved of any injustice (real or otherwise) against England.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                The good people of bonymaen RFC were very sympathetic to their English neighbours, it seems.
                There's no booze in that establishment neither
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

They were reviewed- on the slo mo seemed to me to be flat, and the on field decision was confirmed. Incredibly hard to determine from a 2D image when you don’t know where the overhead shot campers is located. I presume (hope) the video refs have training to avoid errors from this- but for me when the onfield and off field decisions concur, I just reckon they have more information than we do watching TV.

England fans booed another decision (not off side at the kick ahead) that also reviewed. Thought for a moment not all the Glasgow fans had gone home- but then realised they wouldn’t have disapproved of any injustice (real or otherwise) against England.
                  I thought the second pass in build up to first try was marginally forward . I think if instruction was try or no try it would have been rubbed
                  But South Africa were always winning that game. Anthony Watson's boneheaded obstruction was the end of England but they were off the pace from kick off. Complete systems failure and scrum in particular plus individual mistakes meant a piss poor final

Comment

I'd fancy the All Blacks to beat South Africa if they played next week
                    England played an exceptional game to beat the best team but couldn't back it up
                    Cup rugby!

Comment

For those munsterfans who aren't on twitter

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-11-02 at 14.03.55.png
Views:	64
Size:	458.4 KB
ID:	2582089
                      "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

I always felt that Nienaber had a bigger impact on our team on the field than Rassie did, he brought more to the off field.

Either way they have a great combination going

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                          I always felt that Nienaber had a bigger impact on our team on the field than Rassie did, he brought more to the off field.

Either way they have a great combination going
                          Rassie never intended to be very hands on for us, more a DoR. It was only Axel’s sad passing that meant he had to get more involved. Sort of the same thing happened in SA. He must be the most reluctant world class coach around!

Comment

I'm not one for getting pics with players or managers, in fact I've never gotten one, but kind of regret not asking rassie when I had opportunity once in thomond.
                            "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

I thought the second pass in build up to first try was marginally forward . I think if instruction was try or no try it would have been rubbed
                              But South Africa were always winning that game. Anthony Watson's boneheaded obstruction was the end of England but they were off the pace from kick off. Complete systems failure and scrum in particular plus individual mistakes meant a piss poor final
                              Marginally forward is a hard call to make if you have only a tv at home at your disposal- but I take the point about try no try. Disagree it was poor final- thought it was fascinating until the last 5 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Rassie never intended to be very hands on for us, more a DoR. It was only Axel’s sad passing that meant he had to get more involved. Sort of the same thing happened in SA. He must be the most reluctant world class coach around!
                                He seems to be more interested in delegating alright, trusting his players and coaches to look after their own role, as opposed to the control freak that is joe smidth

Comment

Working...
                                X