No announcement yet.

RWC Final 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to SA and especially Rassie, Jacques, Felix and Aled. Very proud of you all
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

South Africa are only in the World Cup since 1995 and have one 3 since then - incredible achievement
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Congrats to Rassie, Jacques, Aled and Felix, all Munster men to the hilt. Proud day for the province IMO

People cannot really gripe with Rassie leaving for that job too much anymore, hes hit the pinnacle.
        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
          You can't fire a canon out of a canoe.
          EO'S, 2/11/2019
          As usual Eddie is not quite on the money
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Bryan Habana is the happiest man in the world today. Touching to see how emotional and proud he was of Kolisi when they were interviewed together on ITV.

This is so much more meaningful than it would have been for England. I’m fecking delighted!

Comment

Saffer rugby was being written off as over 18 months ago
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                Garces has the final. My instinct is that a controversial refereeing decision will have some part to play in the result. Although I don’t think he favours either of the teams - breakdown will be a mess.

edit - my prediction is that Itoje will be sent off for a dangerous no arms clear out in a ruck.
                Good guess - the two passes leading to try 1 were very, very forward-looking.

Comment

You'd think Rassie will be holding on to him.
                  Not being churlish in his big moment but our attack play was poor under him. And he had players of the ilk of Earls, Conway, Zebo, Murray, Farrell, Murray, Taute and we showed nothing creative. Best of luck to him but people seem to have forgotten out hammerings by Glasgow, Sarries and LLanelli on our biggest days. Not just beaten but beaten out the gate. Not just Felix brief of course - Rassie and Nienaber were here also - but reality is vital - I am delighted we have Larkham, and Felix could have learned from him but opted to go. Good luck to him.

Comment

Did I hear him mention shebeens ?
                    South African shebeens, illegal drinking dens. I saw signs outside my nearest one in Durban saying "no dogs no knives no guns" Generally didn't go inside even if we were gasping for a drink!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                      Congrats to Rassie, Jacques, Aled and Felix, all Munster men to the hilt. Proud day for the province IMO

People cannot really gripe with Rassie leaving for that job too much anymore, hes hit the pinnacle.
                      Indeed, congrats to the entire coaching team. Great to see Felix with his medal. And as for Rassie - Munster's loss was certainly the Bokke's gain.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post

the two passes leading to try 1 were very, very forward-looking.
                        I thought so at the time and posted accordingly but on another look from the main camera, the pass looked flat. From the overhead replay, it looked forward . In fairness, M Poite was in line.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
                          Great interview from Kolisi, what a boss!
                          Agree with Pope - best speech ever by RWC captain. Scary for future of rugby competitions if this spreads the game among black Saffers - they could dominate the sport with using their large population.

Comment

I was not sure who I would be shouting for until the game started but realised my heart was for South Africa. The money bags in English Rugby and also French rugby will kill the game if they are let, not to mention English superiority and the nasty rhetoric against Ireland through the Brexit period.

I also visited South Africa for the first time this year for work and the welcome and the hospitality from all ethnicities and tribes was quite incredible. Also that South African teams play in the same leagues and obviously the Munster connection meant supporting a NH team over a SH team went out the window. Really thrilled for them.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                              Rassie and Felix taking on Eddie and his ego.

The bookies say England.
                              Who was that bloke with the gingerish hair that has being seated on Rassies right had side all through the tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Out Half View Post

Who was that bloke with the gingerish hair that has being seated on Rassies right had side all through the tournament
                                Chris Evans?
                                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Working...
                                X