RWC Final 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phileas Frog View Post
    Myself and (Dr)ick of this parish will be at this game. Sucks to be you.
    Hope you guys have a fine old time, very envious.

Comment

I'm looking forward to live updates.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Myself and (Dr)ick of this parish will be at this game. Sucks to be you.
        What jerseys are ye wearing?
        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post

What jerseys are ye wearing?
          Ireland RWC ones with Banzai headbands of course. We won't hesitate to sing the Fields either

Comment

Ireland RWC ones with Banzai headbands of course. We won't hesitate to sing the Fields either
            Mind you don’t embarrass us all by enjoying yourselves! Sack cloth, ashes and a vow of silence would be more appropriate.

Comment

England unchanged.
              Kolbe in for SA.
              Rassie rides into the sunset after the final whistle.
              Shrewd dude.
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                England unchanged.
                Kolbe in for SA.
                Rassie rides into the sunset after the final whistle.
                Shrewd dude.
                I’d be very surprised if Rassie does ride into the sunset- I think his return home to manage the national team was a personal mission, and it doesn’t end here. He has made/encouraged a lot of long term changes to the structures there, and I don’t think these were done for a short term gain. A final was more than they had a right to dream of when he went back- I think he’s there for a longer haul.

Comment

Week, very surprised or not, you’re dead right Ustix

RTE has ...

Rassie Erasmus has announced that he will step down as South Africa head coach after Saturday's World Cup final against England.

Erasmus has held the post since early 2018 while also acting as the nation's director of rugby, a role he will continue to perform post Japan 2019.

It was speculated that the 47-year-old former Springbok might retain the coaching reins for the Lions tour in two years' time, but current defence coach Jacques Nienaber is likely to be his successor.

"For me, it's an emotional one in the sense that I didn't think 25 Test matches will go that quickly," Erasmus said.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                    Week, very surprised or not, you’re dead right Ustix

RTE has ...

Rassie Erasmus has announced that he will step down as South Africa head coach after Saturday's World Cup final against England.

Erasmus has held the post since early 2018 while also acting as the nation's director of rugby, a role he will continue to perform post Japan 2019.

It was speculated that the 47-year-old former Springbok might retain the coaching reins for the Lions tour in two years' time, but current defence coach Jacques Nienaber is likely to be his successor.

"For me, it's an emotional one in the sense that I didn't think 25 Test matches will go that quickly," Erasmus said.
                    I don't like to reveal my sources jagaway but to be honest about it, I heard that on RTE too
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I'll be taking advantage of my qualification by residency to cheer for England. They've been the best side. South Africa are an awful team to watch too, so it would be better to see open rugby rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
                        I'll be taking advantage of my qualification by residency to cheer for England. They've been the best side. South Africa are an awful team to watch too, so it would be better to see open rugby rewarded.
                        Likewise- on the other hand- if Rassie manages to stymie the better team and win they will really deserve it. This England team has more power and ways to
                        play, and accuracy in execution, than any other team in the competition. At the same time, if a lesser team wins on the day they will have to have to earned it. (Some
                        embarassing refereeing aside- having a final decided by poor officiating is the last thing the game needs).

Comment

Originally posted by Cozman06 View Post
                          I appreciate that semi finals are for winning but the rugby South Africa play is dismal to watch. At times yesterday it reminded me of Munster vs Saracens in Lansdowne Rd under Rassie. They just have a better pack. I don't think South Africa winning would do anything positive for the game in general as it is based purely on power with players happier to not have possession. Never thought I would type these words but I hope that England win
                          Sacrilege, wash your mouth out with soap and water.
                          I hope SA pulverise them and eddie's head explodes live on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                            having a final decided by poor officiating* is the last thing the game needs.
                            * For the second time in the last three.

Comment

Garces ignoring everything that happens at the breakdown will surely play into England’s hands more.

Comment

That's a bad blow. Dan Cole will hardly last 77 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X