No announcement yet.

RWC19 -The Semi-Final Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England's defence the best in world rugby by a bit you'd have to say. Totally suffocated New Zealand today.

In the cold light of day this isn't a really great New Zealand side, and it wouldn't have said much for international rugby if nobody could beat them at this World Cup.

Neither SA or Wales have enough to stop the Tans you'd think, though be interesting what the saffers would thrown at them. Best way to play against England is the sledge hammer approach if you can back it up.
    "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Ever see nz playing for consolation try before?
      "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Amazingly a team can beat NZ without scoring many tries.

Playing physically strong defensive game with aggressive line speed, keeping possession, playing territory when required combined with not making stupid mistakes and proper ball carrying wins games.

Comment

What a performance from England. Itoje doing a POC

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
            Ever see nz playing for consolation try before?
            Yeah, a few months ago when they were hammered by Aus.

Comment

Well done England, incredible performance.

The NZ press reading is going to be epic.
              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Kiwi players, pundits and fans will be in serious mourning after that display.

Comment

Hansens presser should be fun...

Comment

Eddie Jones has done an outstanding job with England. Built on a fine base of players like Itoje, B Vunipola, Farrell, Ford, then introduced young guys like Curry and Underhill, varied his game plan each time and he delivers consistently at world cups. Every team he sends out believe in themselves. Quality.

Separately, great for rugby that New Zealand have been shown to be beatable. The game needed it.
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
                      Hansens presser should be fun...
                      Yes:
                      9. Aaron Smith (90)
                      10. Richie Mo’unga (15)
                      11. George Bridge (8)
                      12. Anton Lienert-Brown (41)
                      13. Jack Goodhue (12)
                      14. Sevu Reece (6)
                      15. Beauden Barrett (81)

Maybe he can eat some humble pie about basically saying that Joe was an idiot to pick experienced players :).... :)
                      Believe.

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
                        England's defence the best in world rugby by a bit you'd have to say. Totally suffocated New Zealand today.

In the cold light of day this isn't a really great New Zealand side, and it wouldn't have said much for international rugby if nobody could beat them at this World Cup.

Neither SA or Wales have enough to stop the Tans you'd think, though be interesting what the saffers would thrown at them. Best way to play against England is the sledge hammer approach if you can back it up.
                        I think SA could beat England. They won't be physically dominanted like NZ were, that's for sure.

The think that really impressed me with England is their variation in attack. Long kicks, strike runners, box kicks, mauling - all there. Defending against them you need to be switched on like hell.
                        ​​​​​​
                        I really, really hope SA beat Wales tomorrow.
                        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                          There's only one team in this. No way back for New Zealand. Is is possible to say that?
                          England were superb.
                          But could only cheer for them if they were playing The Dubs
                          Con Artist

Comment

I didn’t think the English BR had that performance in them, They completely played the kiwis off the park, Itoje and tuilagi bring the same level of physicality as the BR did.

Fair play England, they picked a controversial team, had players light on experience and made the all blacks look like Ireland.

Comment

Eddie Jones must be from Cork.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

I think SA could beat England. They won't be physically dominanted like NZ were, that's for sure.

The think that really impressed me with England is their variation in attack. Long kicks, strike runners, box kicks, mauling - all there. Defending against them you need to be switched on like hell.
                                ​​​​​​
                                I really, really hope SA beat Wales tomorrow.
                                Was wondering the same thing. Should South Africa find their way past the Welsh then they can match the English power but have they the self belief that Eng seem to have now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Con Artist

Comment

Working...
                                X