Clear All

RWC19 -The Semi-Final Thread

ENGLAND V NEW ZEALAND
    Saturday, 9am
    International Stadium Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama City

WALES V SOUTH AFRICA
    Sunday 9 am
    International Stadium Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama City

alas they are just north munster now.......

England V Wales final

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
      England V Wales final
      Wales haven’t faced a really good side yet. If we could outmuscle them in that warm-up game I don’t think they can handle a pack as powerful as the Boks.

Comment

Hopefully 2 good games in store but hard to see anything other than a NZ v South Africa final

Comment

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to both semis, but NZ v England in particular is as good as it gets imho. It should be an absolute cracker of a game.

I'm looking forward to seeing how NZ cope with England's excellent power game, and how they seek to impose their own high tempo , target moving game on that big but bulky English team. It should be fascinating and fantastic hopefully....
          Last edited by Daithi; 23rd-October-2019, 06:50.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
            Yeah, I'm really looking forward to both semis, but NZ v England in particular is as good as it gets imho. It should be an absolute cracker of a game.

I'm looking forward to seeing how NZ cope with England's excellent power game, and how they seek to impose their own high tempo , target moving game on that big but bulky English team. It should be fascinating and fantastic hopefully....

NZ will cope with England power game by doing the same thing they did against SA, they will push the boundaries of what is physically legal until either the ref pings them or they put scores in the board forcing England to play a more expansive game and make them create mistakes.

if you match NZ physically, which England can do, then NZ will bend the rules, the question is if the ref will sanction them or let them away with it.

Comment

May the better team win
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                May the better team win
                May no one remember who the Referee was
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Cheslin Kolbie out for semi final. The stars are still aligning for Gatland
                  Con Artist

Comment

South Africa going for a 6-2 bench again v Wales. Boks are 8 points favourites. With Kolbe out, Wales may have a shot if they can compete in the forward battle.

All Blacks have named Scott Barrett at 6 to counter English lineout. Cane on bench. England have gone with Ford and Farrell. NZ 7 points favourites.

Comment

Any predictions folks?

I think it will be an England - South Africa final.....
                      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                        Any predictions folks?

I think it will be an England - South Africa final.....
                        Winning two in a row has made us forget that NZ were considered World Cup chokers for a while. I think it will be very tight vs England, but I'd still back NZ to edge it.

I think the Boks are a better team than Wales, but I also think that Gatland sold his soul at a crossroads near Llangollen at some stage in return for Wales never losing a real fixture again while he's boss.

The Boks won't implode as the French did, but they also don't have the spark that put France in front in the first place.

I'm going to say NZ vs Wales final.
                        Last edited by Balla Boy; 24th-October-2019, 14:49.
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

I think both semis could go either way, which makes for good viewing- and probably better than the final- although I take your point about Gatland’s pact with the devil. His spiritual side aside, I think SA are an interesting but highly beatable side- would love to see them win. Easier has done some job there. This is really England’s first proper test since Wales in the 6N, it will go a long way to help us see just how good they are.

Comment

If wales have Davies it will give them a far better chance, he was a big loss of the QF.

I don’t think England will be within 10 points at the end, they haven’t a Backrow or bench to compete with NZ.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                              If wales have Davies it will give them a far better chance, he was a big loss of the QF.

I don’t think England will be within 10 points at the end, they haven’t a Backrow or bench to compete with NZ.
                              Really? I think Curry and Underhill will cause NZ trouble. They're not subtle - they'll just roar about the place belting the tits off people. But that might be enough to put the ABs under pressure.

It's how we've beaten them both times - ferocious aggression at the breakdown and in contact.
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                              X