No announcement yet.

The quarter final thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, he suddenly remembered he was crocked.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

I'm so excited...
      And I just can’t hide it
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Mace View Post
        So Nigel it is…
        Wales-France: Wako Peyper
        England-Australia: Garces
        Japan-SA: Barnes
        Ireland-AB: Owens
        Barnes will do SA no favours I reckon, and I'm delighted with Nigel. Best we could have hoped for.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

And I just can’t hide it
          Yes, in a fastidious and ever so slightly superior Welsh accent
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Barnes will do SA no favours I reckon, and I'm delighted with Nigel. Best we could have hoped for.
            Gardner running the offside line...................
            I am the million man.

Comment

in light of the current laws about collision with the head could we just head butt a few shoulders early on and get their numbers down?
              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

in fact POM when he used to carry more was a ******** to tackle as he was very low to ground with elbows everywhere (as well as being a bit of a mad fecker)
                "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Gardner running the offside line...................
                  It was Garces that called a few incorrectly and passed the message to Gardner. Not saying he's without blame.

Comment

Ah lads, no whinging about the ref before the game has even kicked off. If you can't accept the fact that refs interpret the laws then follow soccer. Both teams will have the same ref and they will know in advance how the laws will be applied. Its up to the players to adapt and stay inside the laws.

Comment

I reckon Aki being out is a big loss. A lot of our tries stem from him getting over the gain line. He provides that much needed tempo/momentum that we often lack and he's a rock in defense.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
                        I reckon Aki being out is a big loss. A lot of our tries stem from him getting over the gain line. He provides that much needed tempo/momentum that we often lack and he's a rock in defense.
                        When he does get over the gain line that's fine, but he doesn't generally distribute or offer a second kicking option, so swings and roundabouts. For a team like New Zealand he's probably easier to defend against than Owen Farrell would be for example. Henshaw is a more rounded footballer than Aki (and no shinking violet) and Chris Farrell is still a strong carrier with decent hands.

Comment

Henshaw looked good against Wales in the warm-ups. Hopefully the run out last weekend will have shaken the cobwebs off and he will deliver a big game this weekend. He's not as consistent as Aki but his best is better.

Comment

Time for Robbie to step up in a big way chiefly by physically dominating Lienart Brown
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post
                              Ah lads, no whinging about the ref before the game has even kicked off. If you can't accept the fact that refs interpret the laws then follow soccer. Both teams will have the same ref and they will know in advance how the laws will be applied. Its up to the players to adapt and stay inside the laws.
                              There have been a couple of covert suggestions that the refs are biased which are very bad form.

They may not be perfect but they absolutely aren't bent.
                              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Remember the days when we'd send out the likes of Mark McCall to tackle the likes of Little and Bunce
                                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Working...
                                X