No announcement yet.

The quarter final thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they appeal the Aki ban, they might like to get their thinking caps on re who will legally represent him. 'Cos the ex Leinster player who they flew out got nothing and reminds me of those Law School flunksters from the US Deep South appointed to defend poor defendants but end up so annoying the court get their clients double the sentence they would have got undefended.

Comment

So Nigel it is…
      Wales-France: Wako Peyper
      England-Australia: Garces
      Japan-SA: Barnes
      Ireland-AB: Owens

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

Just shows most Leinster fans dont rate McGrath (JGP is the better scrum half imo).

Cronin has a chance against NZ due to speed/mobility etc
        Agree with you on both counts- imho JGP is far better. While Cronin has a chance given his mobility, we have done much better when our line out is secure, and he is just too erratic for my liking, and five yards out from either line it’s just too crucial to get it right against a team like AB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mace View Post
          So Nigel it is…
          Good news...we know exactly how he refs, and he he s on well with most of our players.

Comment

Originally posted by Mace View Post
            So Nigel it is…
            I'm so excited...
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Happy with the ref call, we needed a NH ref and we couldn’t be more familiar with Nigel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                If they appeal the Aki ban, they might like to get their thinking caps on re who will legally represent him. 'Cos the ex Leinster player who they flew out got nothing and reminds me of those Law School flunksters from the US Deep South appointed to defend poor defendants but end up so annoying the court get their clients double the sentence they would have got undefended.
                Liam Neeson maybe?
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Is it though? Compare it with some other offences that got similar bans, like Quill's no-arm shoulder to Farrells head, and I think it's pretty harsh.

When you watch it at full speed, in the time it took for the lad to gather the ball and run straight into Aki, I don't know how anybody could have got low enough to tackle him below the shoulders, or even just got out of the way. They IRFU apparently timed it at 0.2 seconds. That should have been considered mitigation IMHO.
                  Agree, for me a definite red, and a suspension, but 3 matches is harsh, compared with the others for which 3 matches was considered appropriate. Two would have been about right.

Comment

Cronin is behind Scannell who is behind Best.

The only way he'll be involved is if there is an injury.
                    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

I believe the issue with Nigel is that he loves legends and particularly to be a part of them.
                      "Da yeah remember in 2012 when we won in Dublin right at the death? I think Nigel was ref"
                      "Da yeah remember in 2013 when Aaron missed the kick and Nigel said have another go?"
                      So Nigel loves the Legend of the All Blacks but he also loves the grandstand finish.
                      In 2018 at the death of the SA 34 - 36 win over the Kiwis with NZ right in front of the posts, Nigel gets in the ear from the AR "9 and 8 offside" the peno would have meant that NZ won the game. However the narrative was from the Boks.
                      "Da yeah remember that game where we beat the All Blacks at home for the fist time in nearly ten years, I think Nigel was the ref"

Well hopefully on Saturday our narrative will be something like.
                      "Da yeah remember the time Ireland made the semis for the first time and New Zealand lost their first match at the world cup in 12 years, the 5 red cards were a bit harsh but thems the rules, I think Nigel was reffing."

Comment

Originally posted by DABOSS View Post
                        I believe the issue with Nigel is that he loves legends and particularly to be a part of them.
                        "Da yeah remember in 2012 when we won in Dublin right at the death? I think Nigel was ref"
                        "Da yeah remember in 2013 when Aaron missed the kick and Nigel said have another go?"
                        So Nigel loves the Legend of the All Blacks but he also loves the grandstand finish.
                        In 2018 at the death of the SA 34 - 36 win over the Kiwis with NZ right in front of the posts, Nigel gets in the ear from the AR "9 and 8 offside" the peno would have meant that NZ won the game. However the narrative was from the Boks.
                        "Da yeah remember that game where we beat the All Blacks at home for the fist time in nearly ten years, I think Nigel was the ref"

Well hopefully on Saturday our narrative will be something like.
                        "Da yeah remember the time Ireland made the semis for the first time and New Zealand lost their first match at the world cup in 12 years, the 5 red cards were a bit harsh but thems the rules, I think Nigel was reffing."
                        Hard to argue with any of that

Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Hard to argue with any of that
                          Luvin it, Daboss, I'm having whatever you've been having for breakfast for the rest of the week!!

Delighted with the appointment of Nigel, a truly great ref.
                          Last edited by Daithi; 15th-October-2019, 08:47.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Is that Peter trying to celebrate beside Rory Best?
                              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Is that Peter trying to celebrate beside Rory Best?
                                Yes
                                I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X