No announcement yet.

The quarter final thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As my old Kiwi boss said, the performance by that no.6 was one of the best I've ever seen!

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
      As my old Kiwi boss said, the performance by that no.6 was one of the best I've ever seen!
      I like that about them Kiwis. The name ain't the thing but the jersey.
      Quinny the first fellow-player I've heard advocate Lar ahead of Rob Kearney. He also figures Bernera figures in a selection headache but starts Peter.
      Mighty we have the likes of Killer Scannell Porter Beirne Ruddock Joey Andy Farrell in the reckoning and for finishing the game out
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Quinny the first fellow-player I've heard advocate Lar ahead of Rob Kearney. He also figures Bernera figures in a selection headache but starts Peter.
        Mighty we have the likes of Killer Scannell Porter Beirne Ruddock Joey Andy Farrell in the reckoning and for finishing the game out
        We've got big bang on the bench if we have momentum. The first 20 minutes will decide, I suspect.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

I know he's really bought into the Irish set up but I'm not sure he'd actually tog out for us. ;)

Comment

. . . news just in from the Straw Clutching department. Ireland have conceded the second fewest tries in RWC19 (2) along with England. New Zealand are tops with only a single try conceded, but both England and New Zealand have played one less game, which unnamed and completely unsubstantiated experts agree would have resulted in the concession of at least 2 more tries.

When asked about this momentous achievement, Joes invisible friend Smithy McSchmidt-face said "defence wins games, attack just determines by how much, just look at Scotland!'

Displaying both cunning and innovation, it is believed that Joe Schmitt intends to beat New Zealand by not letting them score very much while having Ireland score a little bit more.

Comment

Curious call over on Leinsterfans for Joey to cover 9, 10 and maybe 15 too with Lar and Andy or Chris Farrell on the bench also.
              Is Cronin off the radar? They don't seem to think so...
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Curious call over on Leinsterfans for Joey to cover 9, 10 and maybe 15 too with Lar and Andy or Chris Farrell on the bench also.
                Is Cronin off the radar? They don't seem to think so...
                If Carbery could genuinely cover 9 it would be great to start Larmour and have both Farrell and Conway on the bench, but it would be a huge risk.

McGrath has really not impressed but I'd still want proper cover for Murray.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                  Looking at our three wingers, I wonder is Stockdale vulnerable for selection? Earls can play either wing and Conway has delivered in everything he's been asked to do, including defensively. While it won't be the winning of the game, Earls and Conway would give us formidable width.
                  Agree with that. Earls and Conway have been great and Stockdale has not been at his best in this tournament. He does however have the X factor, and of all the Irish backs is probably the most likely to pull something out of the hat that could be game changing. I think Joe will give him anothet chance to show his stuff and hope that the ball runs his way.
                  If the Irish team plays at its best, takes on NZ physically up front and does not gift them counterattacking possession by too much kicking, they are capable of a win in a one-off match. I would expect a very conservative, tight game plan, and in this case it's probably the best one.
                  Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Bundee’s RWC over, 3 match ban
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                        Bundee’s RWC over, 3 match ban
                        Seems very harsh to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Seems very harsh to me.
                          It's consistent with other similar incidents in this RWC.
                          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Seems very harsh to me.
                            It happened in a split second and Aki made a better attempt at wrapping both arms ( as good a mitigating factor as any, imo) than some of the shoulder on head hits we've seen throughout the competition, most of which only warranted a yellow and no ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

It's consistent with other similar incidents in this RWC.
                              Yes. Two Italians who deliberately landed another player on his head with force also got 3 weeks.

Comment

I think it's harsh. The new framework has basically shifted a high tackle into the area of being a technical infringement, regardless of intent. I think the disciplinary committees should reflect that. In an instance like that I think the red card is enough.
                                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                                X