Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The quarter final thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Joey looks very small for the modern international game. He got ragdolled like a small child today a few times. I'm not sure he has the physique for it.
    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

    Comment


      Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

      The same Joey who got injured in first RWC warm up and wasn't fit until Japan game and then injured again???
      What utter garbage
      \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post

        What utter garbage
        I was responding to a comment about Sexton should be replaced by Joey because he got injured so please tell me what is garbage?

        Comment


          Well, that went well...

          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

          Comment


            Originally posted by B.A. View Post
            Joey looks very small for the modern international game. He got ragdolled like a small child today a few times. I'm not sure he has the physique for it.
            I think his size is a big part of his game, he's light so he can stay quick like a Beauden Barrett or George Ford

            We just need to build our game on different foundations and see how we do. Asking Joey, or Carty to be meathead boshmerchants won't cut the mustard

            Overall I'm more optimistic now than in August because today proved once and for all that what we've been doing won't be working going forward. On top of that, the Irish coach now does not have great Leinster days of yore as part of his selection process


            Ireland playing at a higher tempo and more risky will give us all an uplift, getting Zeebs and a few other bold boys back in the fold would also help a hell of a lot.
            I am the million man.

            Comment


              Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

              I would imagine 2 weeks max off now and then back to Munster. We play Ulster on 9 November so perhaps they will report to duty the previous Monday with some involvement in that game (but more importantly some hands on time with new coaching set up.
              My ch as I would like to see them back, I think two weeks is too soon for some- maybe not John Ryan, for example,
              but I really want to be able to coin non the fitness and hunger of these guys come doing and beyond (though obviously I want us to have done well enough so there is something to still play for)!

              Comment


                Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                My ch as I would like to see them back, I think two weeks is too soon for some- maybe not John Ryan, for example,
                but I really want to be able to coin non the fitness and hunger of these guys come doing and beyond (though obviously I want us to have done well enough so there is something to still play for)!
                The alternative is that they come back into the Munster set-up dry... They don't need to all play against Ulster but ideally they will be in the camp + I hope the likes of Murray, Stander, POM want to be there.

                Comment


                   

                  Comment


                    I remember ROG, in his biography, saying that he felt really down coming home from France in '07, but the reception he got in Musser at his first game back for Munster really boosted him.

                    Maybe a few who weren't in the 23 this morning might get a run next Friday.

                    Comment


                       

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

                        I was responding to a comment about Sexton should be replaced by Joey because he got injured so please tell me what is garbage?
                        Sexton is old and crocked, Joey is in his early 20s ffs.
                        \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

                        Comment


                          For the first time in a long time I can actually say that our coaching ticket is better than Ireland’s. Jvg. Rowentree. And larkham v Farrell and Catt. Time will tell though.

                          Comment


                             

                            Comment


                              Sexton needs a good break,,, ,Extended. Then let him see if he can shift Ross . and see where that takes him.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                                I remember ROG, in his biography, saying that he felt really down coming home from France in '07, but the reception he got in Musser at his first game back for Munster really boosted him.

                                Maybe a few who weren't in the 23 this morning might get a run next Friday.
                                Heck of a trip back and a lot to expect of guys to play without much readjustment time- would be really keen to have them in track suits on the pitch at HT though

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X