The quarter final thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Some poor/ pointless kicking by Joey, but a very neat grubber that ought to have lead to a try. Needed to play more to develop a settled approach. Ten is a control position, playing erratically isn’t control. Has a big season ahead of him, he needs to justify being be Munster’s starter.
    Would not be too hard on Joey. He has had practically no game time to get up to speed and show his stuff. The lad's a grand footballer and will get better. He has to have a string of starts for Ireland and get bedded into the team. Time for Sexton to retire.
    Erse end of nowhere

Comment

It will be some game next week between NZ and England

Comment

Joe says we needed another couple of days recovery, but Irish rugby is in a great place. Team didn’t have a great year- a bit flat- after reaching a great height. Seems not to have any responsibility for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
          Good thing Henshaw and Rongrise were on the field when NZ scored?
          Where's oldschooltwat's original post so I can report it?

Comment

Farrell’s first squad will be interesting...

I expect Sexton will be in it but not Kearney

Comment

At least the boys can go out now and get proper **** faced and not have to worry about shimmying up drainpipes so the principal doesn't see them out past curfew and drops them.

No more homework or work ons, the end of ruck resourcing and back field positional sense. No more contestables.

No more leaderbeans, and I for one, am glad tbh
              I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post

Plenty said similar 4yrs ago and nothing changed.
                Not true. Since the last WC - Furlong, Ryan, Ringrose, Stander and Stockdale have all come through and taken ownership of their shirts (that's 1/3 of the first 15. to counting Leavy or Aki). Larmour, Conway, Carberry, Beirne, Farrell have all been brought into the core squad and given a fair amount of gametime. We don't have enough quality depth at hooker or scrum half (not bringing Marmion was a mistake). Leavy was missed. Nothing could be done about the Paddy Jacson situation. he was being developed for half the RWC cycle.

Since the last RWC we have one our 3rd ever Grand Slam. We won our first ever game against New Zealand and then followed that up by beating them again. We won our first ever test match in South Africa and came within a whisker of winning a series there. We won our first test series iagainst a SANZAR side in almost 40 years.

If that is no change I hope to fup that Farrell leads us to four more years of no change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

You'd hope fellas on the fringe like Dillane and Cooney might get a shot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

Would not be too hard on Joey. He has had practically no game time to get up to speed and show his stuff. The lad's a grand footballer and will get better. He has to have a string of starts for Ireland and get bedded into the team. Time for Sexton to retire.
                    Not much use if he is injured all the time

Comment

If Kearney has half a brain, which it seems he does, he will announce his retirement - at least from international rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

Not true. Since the last WC - Furlong, Ryan, Ringrose, Stander and Stockdale have all come through and taken ownership of their shirts (that's 1/3 of the first 15. to counting Leavy or Aki). Larmour, Conway, Carberry, Beirne, Farrell have all been brought into the core squad and given a fair amount of gametime. We don't have enough quality depth at hooker or scrum half (not bringing Marmion was a mistake). Leavy was missed. Nothing could be done about the Paddy Jacson situation. he was being developed for half the RWC cycle.

Since the last RWC we have one our 3rd ever Grand Slam. We won our first ever game against New Zealand and then followed that up by beating them again. We won our first ever test match in South Africa and came within a whisker of winning a series there. We won our first test series iagainst a SANZAR side in almost 40 years.

If that is no change I hope to fup that Farrell leads us to four more years of no change.
                        Conway, Carberry, Beirne, Farrell have all been brought into the core squad and given a fair amount of gametime, Are you serious ? You're reaching there I'm afraid....

Comment

It certainly will be interesting, but I really really hope Sexton retires from international rugby, it will stifle development if he stays on. I really hope he starts with a blank page and watches as much hcup and pro14 as possible, and picks form players with an eye on the future.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

Not much use if he is injured all the time
                            miaow
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Where is the Farrell Out thread? Catt and Farrell are average coaches with no club success to speak of and one championship between them in 8 years of 6N coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                                At least the boys can go out now and get proper **** faced and not have to worry about shimmying up drainpipes so the principal doesn't see them out past curfew and drops them.

No more homework or work ons, the end of ruck resourcing and back field positional sense. No more contestables.

No more leaderbeans, and I for one, am glad tbh
                                Yeah, time for a new start. I guess in the end Joeball brought us as far as it could. Was it worth not having guys like Zebo, TOH, Dillane, McCloskey etc who wouldn't 'surrender their will as of this date'? On balance with all that has been achieved probably it was but it's also time to end it.

More blood and passion from Farrell and more inventiveness and letting players play what's infront of them from Catt would be nice. Lancaster and Larkham coaching the bulk of the squad will also help will the general skill levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X