The quarter final thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    It's more than just that though, it's backing the young player over the old player. Larmer will make mistakes but he will create chances too.

One thing I hope Farrell builds upon (even if results falter) is nobody assured of the Jersey

The kiwis drop lads at 28 like, a true conveyor belt
    you cant just back thr young player and hope. Kearney got enough deserved criticism here and should have been rotated out quite a bit during his career but needs to be involved now.
    kiwis drop or rotate people who have replacements surpassing them which isnt really the case with kearney

Comment

Might be in Bundee and Ireland's interest that he sit this one out. Might be over-pumped same as CJ in SA a few summers back
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
        you cant just back thr young player and hope. Kearney got enough deserved criticism here and should have been rotated out quite a bit during his career but needs to be involved now.
        kiwis drop or rotate people who have replacements surpassing them which isnt really the case with kearney
        Larmer is surpassing him offensively
        I am the million man.

Comment

Well I've booked flights for the final will worry about tickets later. We only have to beat the AB's and glory is a head of us!!!
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
            Well I've booked flights for the final will worry about tickets later. We only have to beat the AB's and glory is a head of us!!!
            NZ, Eng, SA...
            It would be well-earned...
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/favou...rld-cup-final/

Worth a read

Basically the argument is that Garces, Barnes and Owens and Peyper will be the QF refs, We have a 66% chance of getting either Owens, Garces or Barnes given Peyper will not be able to ref Saffie Match. Hopefully Peyper will get the Aussie game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1. The big thing for me is that, since the last RWC in 2015, we have managed to beat NZ twice. That alone is massive.
                2. Also, whether Larmour plays or not won't be more important than the breakdown battle. I don't want to see Murray having to escavate the ball as he's had to do this tournament.
                3. What we can do differently is try to play flat and deep at different times in the same match. Imagine if we had lads running onto ball at speed instead of taking it static, and I include backs and forwards in that. If Schmidt can deliver one (held back?) change, for me it will be that, and let us for once try to put the ball into the hands of Stockdale and Earls and give them a chance for the line.
                NZ are, correctly, favourites. But they're not invincible and they're there to be beaten. If anyone's equipped to have a crack, we are.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Reynal was ref in Solider Field, Garces was ref in the Second Lions Test and Barnes was ref in Dublin last November. Would be a lot happier with a NH ref

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                    Larmer should start at 15 I think. He will beat defenders more than Bobert, he's more of a playmaker.

Ireland going out to beat NZ without scoring tries and mostly relying on the defence is not good enough to even compete IMO
                    There is a big difference between beating players v Samoa and NZ. We've managed to beat NZ twice with Rob Kearney at full back already.

If you watch the NZ v SA game you will see the biggest issue SA had that cost them the match was their inability to catch high balls with both NZ tries coming off the back of this.

To me the game will come down to who gets over the gain line and generates quick ball.

The biggest calls this week are - POM v Beirne, Henshaw v Farrell & Kearney v Larmour

Comment

Healy,best ,furlong
                      Henderson,ryan
                      Pom,vdf Cj
                      Murray
                      Sexton
                      stockdale
                      Henshaw
                      Ringrose
                      Earl's
                      Kearney

That's the first 15 I think schmidt will name .

Comment

Lol, POM is nailed on. Farrell should start as should Larmour. No good going 3, 6, 9 nil up after 15 mins then be 14-9 down after 25 mins. We ll need to score 3 tries. Watch Joe start Rob and it cost us.
                        \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by RED 49 View Post
                          Healy,best ,furlong
                          Henderson,ryan
                          Pom,vdf Cj
                          Murray
                          Sexton
                          stockdale
                          Henshaw
                          Ringrose
                          Earl's
                          Kearney

That's the first 15 I think schmidt will name .
                          Unfortunately, I think you are absolutely right.

Comment

Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
                            https://www.rugbypass.com/news/favou...rld-cup-final/

Worth a read

Basically the argument is that Garces, Barnes and Owens and Peyper will be the QF refs, We have a 66% chance of getting either Owens, Garces or Barnes given Peyper will not be able to ref Saffie Match. Hopefully Peyper will get the Aussie game

Hopefully Garces or Owens. I'd give us almost no chance of winning if Garces, Gardener or Peyper are refereeing.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Unfortunately, I think you are absolutely right.
                              I think he will go for Kearney and Stockdale. Kearney for defensive safety and Stockdale for size.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post

I think he will go for Kearney and Stockdale. Kearney for defensive safety and Stockdale for size.
                                Eh? Defensive safety? Kearney? Yer man couldn't tackle a fish supper, even if he could manage to outpace it.
                                Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Working...
                                X