X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The quarter final thread

New Zealand v Ireland – Tokyo, 11.15am Saturday

Hon Ireland
    Last edited by Cowboy; 13th-October-2019, 13:48.
    I am the million man.

Who are we playing? And when? Is it on TV or in Fitzgerald Stadium?
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Fraher Field, delayed transmission after the Angelus on Monday
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
        Fraher Field, delayed transmission after the Angelus on Monday
        So, morning or Afternoon or kick off?

Comment

None of our concern
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

We need a 4 try bonus

Comment

Bring on them dancing kiwis....
              Ireland out to 16/1
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

It looks as if Joe's main plan is intact. We were in bits at this point in the last worrild cup, with POC having to play 3 positions and Sexpot handicapped with the wheels of his wheelchair getting bogged down in the turf. The squad is in good fettle going into the real matches. 8 teams in a short KO tournament - 3 games max. Anybody who thinks Ireland have lost something will get a surprise. These are up with the biggest games any of these players played, it will be 1000 miles an hour stuff like a cup final and class will out. The Kiwis can choke.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                  Bring on them dancing kiwis....
                  Ireland out to 16/1
                  Funny you should say that. Sexton used to do a lot of tap dancing in his early days. He had to give it up though.
                  He kept falling in the sink.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                    Funny you should say that. Sexton used to do a lot of tap dancing in his early days. He had to give it up though.
                    He kept falling in the sink.
                    Yeah, the neighbours used to call him Fred as a kid. The tap dancing was a big deal in Listowel back in the day.
                    Last edited by ustix; 13th-October-2019, 14:29.
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Idi Ow Salivan has Peter under pressure to start from Tadhg Beirne. Himself and Jackman both called for Kearney to start ahead of Lamour.
                      I'd be going with Beirne and Ruddock on the bench and starting Henshaw inside Ringrose.
                      Andy won't make the 23 unless Rob Kearney is 'carrying a niggle'.

We can beat this lot if we put them under pressure. Read in particular. I think he's flappable.
                      Last edited by ustix; 13th-October-2019, 18:41.
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Larmer should start at 15 I think. He will beat defenders more than Bobert, he's more of a playmaker.

Ireland going out to beat NZ without scoring tries and mostly relying on the defence is not good enough to even compete IMO
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                          Larmer should start at 15 I think. He will beat defenders more than Bobert, he's more of a playmaker.

Ireland going out to beat NZ without scoring tries and mostly relying on the defence is not good enough to even compete IMO
                          Larmour should absolutely start. But will not unless there is an injury.

Comment

And in the biggest call of all, who'll be whistle-blowing on Saturday morning at 11.15am?
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

We need to attack them, and for me, I'd start Conway ahead of Larmour.

Comment

Working...
                              X