No announcement yet.

Ireland v Samoa 12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans are afoot to move the Ireland versus Samoa match from Fukuoka - to an undisclosed location - should Typhoon Hagibis hit Kyushu Island.

The south western most Japanese land mass is currently in Hagibis’s - which means “velocity” - path.

Part of the contingency plan could be to shift the fixture from Saturday to Sunday, and keeping it at Hakatanomori stadium, hours before Japan face Scotland in Yokohama at 7.45pm.
    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Would make a bit of a mockery of the tournament if qualification from a group is decided by the weather. I imagine they’ll do all in their power to avoid that.

Comment

they said before that games cancelled from weather would be called a 0-0 draw. wonder how strict that is or what regulations say. Could Scotland lodge objection I wonder (would be particularly ****ty of them if they did qualify that way though)
        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Fake news? TLS said yesterday that the weather is due to settle down and play a less extreme part in the remainder of the tournament.
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
            Plans are afoot to move the Ireland versus Samoa match from Fukuoka - to an undisclosed location - should Typhoon Hagibis hit Kyushu Island.

The south western most Japanese land mass is currently in Hagibis’s - which means “velocity” - path.

Part of the contingency plan could be to shift the fixture from Saturday to Sunday, and keeping it at Hakatanomori stadium, hours before Japan face Scotland in Yokohama at 7.45pm.
            Be even nicer if we could play it afterwards....

Comment

I think that might suit us tbh. Get your business done, assuming Ireland can beat Samoa with a BP, and then have 1 extra days recovery & preparation time for a mega QF assault.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Anyone know what suits Ireland best with Japan v Samoa match today?

Assuming it is a win for Samoa with no lbp for Japan!?

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

I'm assuming you're watching this on a two day delay. If so I'll not spoil it for you.

Comment

Isn't today
                    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

A nil all draw and 15 Japanses citings / injuries

Comment

We would have a day less recovery if the match was played Sunday- it’s already tight enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                          Fake news? TLS said yesterday that the weather is due to settle down and play a less extreme part in the remainder of the tournament.
                          Joe was talking about the weather and the forecast does see a drop in temperatures. Unfortunately it leaves out the wind and rain.

Comment

Good news : Carbery declares himself fully fit at a press conference this am. Great development, I hope Joe starts him.

Comment

Good news : Carbery declares himself fully fit at a press conference this am. Great development, I hope Joe starts him.
                              Joe has already said that Johnny will get 60 minutes. I think Joey will be on the bench. Given the combination of Johnny and the Samoan's playing styles I think we might need Joey to be fit and in form for the QF!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                                With settling down they mean a cat 3 typhoon instead of cat 5. This will still not be a nice day in the park! Also I believe good conditions will favor Ireland to achieve that bonus point. Moving it a day would make the most sense. Advantage is better conditions so higher chance of BP, disadvantage is one less day to recover.

Comment

Working...
                                X