Ireland v Samoa 12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

VdF had a great game today. He was all over the pitch, tackled like a demon and carried hard. He's our only natural 7, our fastest flanker, and has a great engine on him. He's getting better with every game. I would not like to see him dropped for POM, who has not been that great.
    Van Der Flier was definitely one of the more impressive players today, but for me, his skills can be replaced more easily than O'Mahony's. The reason I'd pick POM is for his breakdown and line-out nous. We will need to be able to slow down South Africa/New Zealand's breakdown and O'Mahony offers a fair bit more in that department than Van Der Flier. Another thing that has to be taken into account, is that our line-out could collapse at any time. Taking O'Mahony out of the starting team, isn't going to help with this.

Comment

Cooney has a future under Farrell methinks
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Joe suggested everyone is fit, incl Murphy? To have only lost Jack Conan after 4 games is a credit to player management and good luck.Peter has to play. Its horses for courses then, VdeF for the blix, Rhys for the boks. Hendy will produce...
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

If we got SA we could pick this pack: Healy Best Furlong Henderson Ryan Beirne Pom CJ, tell Healy Best Pom CJ to empty the tank for 50 and bring Scannell Killer Ruddock and Kleyn on, Hendo to 6, Beirne to 8, Ruddock 7, monster pack!
          \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Looking at the Aki incident for the 1st time I don't believe it should have been any card. It's a golden example of an incident where slo-mo is a menace. It wasn't Ali's fault the player's face collided with his shoulder. The player tumbled forward suddenly face forward as Aki was trying to make a legitimite tackle. This arose because of a wild pass that went loose. This always triggers players into diving and lunging (iirc correctly POC nearly took Sexpot's head off once with a wild kick at a ball loose on the ground). I don't see what else Aki could have done unless the new rule is never tackle at shoulder height because if it goes wrong you'll be responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
              Cooney has a future under Farrell methinks
              I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                Looking at the Aki incident for the 1st time I don't believe it should have been any card. It's a golden example of an incident where slo-mo is a menace. It wasn't Ali's fault the player's face collided with his shoulder. The player tumbled forward suddenly face forward as Aki was trying to make a legitimite tackle. This arose because of a wild pass that went loose. This always triggers players into diving and lunging (iirc correctly POC nearly took Sexpot's head off once with a wild kick at a ball loose on the ground). I don't see what else Aki could have done unless the new rule is never tackle at shoulder height because if it goes wrong you'll be responsible.
                It was Daverage, not Sexton

Comment

Working...
                X