No announcement yet.

Ireland v Samoa 12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s fair enough getting sent off, missing the rest of the tournament is harsh

Comment

I went to see Joker during the week, Robert De Niro is the image of EOS

Comment

The difference when Sexton and Murray are on the pitch is just enormous. We dominated both games they started together. Both are back in excellent form.

Earls, Conway and Larmour really should be our back three, although I wouldn’t mind Stockdale getting the benefit of the doubt. Kearney shouldn’t even be in the conversation but he’ll probably start.

I’m guessing we’ll go with Henshaw and Ringrose in the centres.

Back row of POM, VdF and CJ, with Beirne and Ruddock on the bench, is not looking too shabby at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post

3 weeks seemingly unless it's it's appealed
          Automatic three weeks but can be increased.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post
            Jesus, how McGrath got in ahead of Marmion or Cooney is beyond me.
            I’m sure if McGrath was from Galway he’d have made the plane...
            \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post

I’m sure if McGrath was from Galway he’d have made the plane...
              Good call Carty over Byrne, quare call Luke over Cooney / Marmion
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

How CJ didnt get motm is quite boggling ,Larmour was good but CJ was incessant

Comment

Credit to Joe where due
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                    Credit to Joe where due
                    Credit to the players and the on pitch leadership too. They had to play 40 minute a man down, they wobbled a bit after the sending off but recovered their equilibrium. They kept the ball in the right parts of the pitch for the second half. Sexton is a class apart we just look a different team with him on the pitch. Amazed Stockdale wasn’t taken for a HIA after that head shot. Samoa went looking for the big hit too often, they were game but limited enough. Referee did well but I felt he was a bit lenient, they might have had three or four more guys in the bin for persistent infringements.

Comment

Kearney surely has no place in this team anymore? Larmour and his counter attacking threat from kicks is offering us so much more, it'd be insane to revert to a 15 who opposition feel safe to kick to with no risk whatsoever.

Comment

I guess the bench is set in stone now too.
                        Killer Scannell Porter Beirne Ruddock
                        McGrath Carbery Larmour. ..

Maybe Ruddock to start for extra ballast if it's the boks
                        Tough on Andy Conway
                        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post
                          I went to see Joker during the week, Robert De Niro is the image of EOS
                          That's neither here nor there Ron
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Impressive performance with 14 men, but there are still far too many question marks around the game plan and form of key personnel, to be confident about next week. Some of the questions I'd have are:

(A) Who starts at loosehead? Healy wasn't overly impressive in his scrummaging or his loose play today. There has been a noticeable difference in the strength of the Irish scrum every time Kilcoyne has comes on and his loose-play (particularly defense) has been considerably better.

(B) Does Best start two games in a row (potentially four in a row if Ireland get to a final)? Best worked really hard tonight, but I'd still worry about his lack of power and throwing against better packs. Samoa picked a really heavy second row and I don't think they competed for any of the Irish line-outs.

(C) Is Henderson's form good enough to start? Aside from one carry against Scotland, his carrying has been pretty static over the last 12 months. He made 0 metres from 8 carries today. I thought Beirne and Kleyn were more dynamic in their play.

(D) Do you reward Ruddock's good form with a start? He has been Ireland's form player over the last 2 months. Along with Ryan, he has been the only player who has consistently been able to get gain line, carrying into heavy traffic. His defense has also been dominant. After Stander's performance today, he will start at 8. I'd like to see O'Mahony at 7 with Ruddock at 6.

(E) Has Henshaw fully-recovered? He will be better for the game, but he looked a little rusty to me and Farrell will give you more aggression in defense?

(F) Larmour's flair or Kearney's high ball solidity?

I suspect a lot of the above questions above might be answered by who wins tomorrow. The Springboks play a relatively simple game (particularly in attack), but they can't be allowed dominate the gain line or else they will crush you. Ireland will have to add more aggression and speed to their defensive line. Kilcoyne and Ruddock are Ireland's most dominant tacklers and Farrell is a more aggressive tackler than Henshaw. Likewise, Kleyn could be favoured over Henderson, due to his extra power.

If it's New Zealand, Joe might opt for the extra speed and handling of Van Der Flier, Henderson and Henshaw.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

I don't think anyone was saying he should be dropped. They were saying that Conan should be in the backrow with him.
                              That's revisisionism with an agenda IJwt
                              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Rob Penney was the co commentator on the radio today, he noticeably corrected a few instances of what I thought were Leinster bias from whoever the commentator was

Comment

Working...
                                X