Ireland v Russia 3/10 11.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
    It's funny that everyone wanted Rob Kearney dropped and a large part was due to not scoring tries. Now that we are struggling to score people still want him dropped even after scoring tries in 3 consecutive games.
    Dude you've got that one wrong....again.

It's not that I want Rob K dropped, per se, it's just I want better players picked in his place.
    (Rob K in his day was world class tbf)

E.g. Conway & Larmour both now clearly offer Ireland more at 15 imho, as does Carbery when fit!!

P.p.s it's similar to the last RWC, where all through the group stages Zebo was quite clearly the superior player over Dave Kearney on the wing. However JS persisted with the younger Kearney on the wing, until he was clearly targeted, & wickedly found out in the QF v Argentina.

IIRC it was at least 2 tries scored directly down his wing that fateful day, with another few 30+ metre clear line breaks through his channel just for good measure, with Kearney beag all at sea throughout. It was actually embarrassing. A shame for an earnest player, but also sadly predictable.....imho.
    Last edited by Daithi; 8th-October-2019, 08:27.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

It's funny that everyone wanted Rob Kearney dropped and a large part was due to not scoring tries. Now that we are struggling to score people still want him dropped even after scoring tries in 3 consecutive games.
      No - the reason people wanted him dropped was poor tackling; inability to use the ball in attack by constantly running straight at the nearest defender and going to ground; the waste of overlaps; the loss of his big left boot; and the lack of real pace. The scoring of a couple of soft tries does not compensate for that.

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

LOL!! You are hilarious dude, I love that you keep coming back for a nibble! Falling over the line doesnt mean hes adding anything in attack which is the issue that people have, no worries though.
        \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post

LOL!! You are hilarious dude, I love that you keep coming back for a nibble! Falling over the line doesnt mean hes adding anything in attack which is the issue that people have, no worries though.
          I think it’s just ground bait. Unfortunately we’re the ones who nibble. I’m delighted for Rob- genuinely- an Indian summer with a typhoon approaching.

Comment

Working...
          X