Ireland v Russia 3/10 11.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Are we the only nation to take 30 players in a 31 man squad? Bob Henshaw must be some man on the squeezebox to get on the plane and not play
    Retallick will make his first appearance this weekend. He's been injured since July.

Comment

Are we the only nation to take 30 players in a 31 man squad? Bob Henshaw must be some man on the squeezebox to get on the plane and not play
      It’s getting a bit ridiculous at this stage alright. We’ve been lucky enough with our other centres but if Henshaw isn’t certain to be fit to face Samoa, just put him on a plane home now and bring Addison out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post

It was very awkward watching ITV asking Sexton if he was fully fit before the game. He was lying very unconvincingly.

The interview with Schmidt afterwards was worse. Schmidt said that he was always planning to take him off and then froze when he was asked about Sexton icing himself on the bench.

Schmidt is lying because he's expecting to play Sexton injured and it's unethical, immoral and possibly illegal.
        A clear case of rugby placing the head above the arse
        Last edited by ustix; 4th-October-2019, 08:50.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

And he doesnt even have a good haircut!!
          Can Johnny Unitas play in the back row?
          He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Just playing lots of games against tier 1 sides doesn’t make teams like Uruguay significantly better. The gap is too wide.

They need better underage structures and professional clubs to produce quality players for the national team. For that they need cash and good administration.
            of course they need assistance in that regard like underage help and world rugby and irfu and rfu etc can help more there as well but the sides outside the top sides still need more games against the next tier. Georgia need more tests against top tier.

Comment

It’s getting a bit ridiculous at this stage alright. We’ve been lucky enough with our other centres but if Henshaw isn’t certain to be fit to face Samoa, just put him on a plane home now and bring Addison out.
              I suppose you weren't aware that Addison is out injured now?

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

Obviously not, so whoever’s next in line.

Comment

Obviously not, so whoever’s next in line.
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

That’s a pity. Good player.

Comment

Dear God! What have I done?!

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                        Cooder has described it as a terrible performance. I wonder what his description was of the game against Georgia in 2007z
                        I raised the same comparison with a friend yesterday and the parallels with 2007 are actually looming quite large.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

I raised the same comparison with a friend yesterday and the parallels with 2007 are actually looming quite large.
                          Ah they’re not, in fairness. 2007 was far far worse.

Comment

Yes, it was, very difficult circumstances in the camp
                            beforehand (media, horse racing, anyone?) and an utterly unconvincing couple of opening games ( think Russia and japan and dial down almost every aspect game by 40%). But then we came into this world cup ranked 1 (ok that was silliness), I’d suspect a good half dozen places higher than in 2007- so it’s no wonder we expected it to be better than the 2007 shambles. It still might be.

Comment

Unless we comfortably beat Samoa with 5 points we will have reached close to 2007 levels of failure. Scotland’s ineptitude is all that stands between us and going home.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

Unless we comfortably beat Samoa with 5 points we will have reached close to 2007 levels of failure. Scotland’s ineptitude is all that stands between us and going home.
                                In Scotland we trust.

Comment

Working...
                                X