No announcement yet.

Ireland v Russia 3/10 11.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best can still produce a big performance now and then but my concern all year has been his ability to back it up week-to-week. I'd pick him for the QF but not sure I'd play him a week later if we win it.

Hooker and LH are two positions we should be rotating almost game to game. There's little difference between first and second choice players.

Comment

Originally posted by blueberry View Post

Best is also better on the ground (gets as many turnovers as a good back row) but slower if caught defending in any space. I've read that Best is tops when it comes to scrummaging too.
      Best hasn’t been poaching like he used to for a long time. It’s an element of his game that has dropped of in the last 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by blueberry View Post

Best is also better on the ground (gets as many turnovers as a good back row) but slower if caught defending in any space. I've read that Best is tops when it comes to scrummaging too.
        Used to, not anymore.

Comment

Cooder has described it as a terrible performance. I wonder what his description was of the game against Georgia in 2007z

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
            Irish 7s - not the code, rather the ever-shrinking list of those available who might be called upon to play openside at international level at the RWC if it turns out that Jordi Murphy has become the latest casualty.

From Munster - Tommy O'Donnell is the obvious first-choice candidate, and Jack O'Donoghue has played in that position fairly regularly in previous seasons.
            From Ulster - Seán Reidy is the only one who springs to mind. A hard worker and somewhat underrated IMO, but I can't see him being called into the squad ahead of TOD, nor even JOD if I'm honest.
            From Leinster - all previously capped options have already been called up. Could Doris get a cap? Only other one I can think of there is Deegan, but he's normally an 8 AFAIK.
            From Connacht - pretty sure Copeland is still injured after Connacht's pre-season game against Russia. Eoin McKeon and Paul Boyle are too inexperienced/too young.

Have I left anyone out?
            Young lad Penny? Leinster.
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
              Cooder has described it as a terrible performance. I wonder what his description was of the game against Georgia in 2007z
              parts of his analysis were giving me flashbacks
              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Well that was terrible was expecting some sort of back lash after the result against Japan. Never happened they just looked disinterested.......
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                  Funny, I was thinking earlier about the 2007 debacle,
                  and imagined Cooder was probably a pundit on RTÉ, and wondered what he had to say about it.

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
                    Well that was terrible was expecting some sort of back lash after the result against Japan. Never happened they just looked disinterested.......
                    To be honest I didn’t think they looked disinterest, I thought they were too desperate, too hurried, too frantic.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

To be honest I didn’t think they looked disinterest, I thought they were too desperate, too hurried, too frantic.
                      We looked far better with Sexton on the pitch. Not a slight on Carty but rather the leadership side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

something has to change....right now you have too few players, playing games too close together. RWC seem to want it every which way. And of course larger squads favor the stronger teams with more depth. Thats how it goes.
                        it would be fine Ireland, New Zealand etc played more games outside of world cups to help improve standards of Uruguay, Fiji, Georgia etc but expanding to 40 or so players isnt the right way to go about things for me. It cant be as simple as do it as that's how it goès

Comment

I’ve been trying to think of this in the context of our many World Cup failures at this stage and the best I can come up with is this:

our game plan at every RWC is based around physicality, passion and aggression. We attack via one out passes to big men running hard and straight or we kick to attack. Our issue is that our game plan can be nullified via passion and physicality which all teams at the RWC bring in spades. This is the reason why we slip up at each RWC.
                          \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

I'm calling an all-island novena for the health of Josh, Jonty, Robbie and Peter.And Ryan the longer too
                            Last edited by ustix; 4th-October-2019, 07:52.
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

It’s mad, Ted
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                                It’s mad, Ted
                                Thats enough now Dougall
                                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Working...
                                X