X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daithi
    replied
    Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

Agree with the ruck offences. But, I think the rip went backwards/flat.
    https://youtu.be/gVUjGAQVraU

Jeez I'm not sure about that at all!? Look at highlights clip above from 1min25sec on. Both the on field and overhead camera appear to confirm that the ball was ripped forward I.e. ripped @ ~4m from the French line & Tipuric gathers at ~3-3.5m from the French line =》 forward pass, no try imo.

The fact that the Welsh scrum half moves backwards as the ball is ripped forward further leads me to believe it went a bit forward due to one of the principles of newtonian physics I.e for every action there is an equal & opposite reaction.

https://youtu.be/ug2JuvEJI_A
    (Overhead view of rip at 10.50 here)

P p s. It's also a bit fishy that the official highlights reel doesn't show the overhead camera footage of all of the ball flight imho (it just shows ball on the way up &cuts there)..... you'd have to wonder is it because it shows evidence that the officials fupped up yet again at this RWC!?!
    Last edited by Daithi; 20-October-2019, 21:50.

Leave a comment:

• Spiffy
    replied
    Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

Who the hell knows these day....Barnes was letting high tackles on players jumping for the ball and not calling for penalties.
    Barnes was very sloppy today. His decisions did not affect the outcome but that is not the point. It was a poor display.
    I am not a lover of constant TMO referrals, but if you have one you might as well use him for tight decisions. That is why he is there.
    He (Barnes) missed a fair bit of dangerous play and largely ignored the offside law.

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Originally posted by Daithi View Post
    Jaysus, Payper (view) is a really sh1te ref .... how he got a RWC quarter final I just dunno....

In the ~ last 10 mins of play alone he's mistaken a Welsh knock on, left them away with 2 clear ruck offences right in front of his gob (rucking beyond the ball & shoulder clean out on the ground) & then along with the tmo ignored the ball going forward from the rip leading directly to the critical try...

such a pity, as a really great game, but hampered by rubbish refereeing imho.
    Agree with the ruck offences. But, I think the rip went backwards/flat.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Full speed running was the mitigation apparently
    What on earth?

Leave a comment:

• In Joe we trust
    replied
    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
    Trying to understand how that high tackle in the Wales v France game was a yellow and not a red.

Both players were upright, no sudden changes of direction or bounce of the ball, Moriarty just lined him up and hit him head high.

If there was no mitigation for Aki, how is there mitigation for that?
    Who the hell knows these day....Barnes was letting high tackles on players jumping for the ball and not calling for penalties.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Swanson
    replied
    Full speed running was the mitigation apparently

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Trying to understand how that high tackle in the Wales v France game was a yellow and not a red.

Both players were upright, no sudden changes of direction or bounce of the ball, Moriarty just lined him up and hit him head high.

If there was no mitigation for Aki, how is there mitigation for that?

Leave a comment:

• aupa les rouges
    replied
    Originally posted by Daithi View Post
    Jaysus, Payper (view) is a really sh1te ref .... how he got a RWC final I just dunno....
    In the last 10 mins of play alone he's mistaken a Welsh knock on, left them away with 2 clear ruck offences right in front of his gob (ticking beyond the ball & shoulder clean out on the ground) & then that tmod forward ball rip for the critical try...
    such a pity, ac really great game but hampered by rubbish refereeing imho.
    Unbelievable TMO decision to allow the Wales try from a forward ball.

Leave a comment:

• Daithi
    replied
    Jaysus, Payper (view) is a really sh1te ref .... how he got a RWC quarter final I just dunno....

In the ~ last 10 mins of play alone he's mistaken a Welsh knock on, left them away with 2 clear ruck offences right in front of his gob (rucking beyond the ball & shoulder clean out on the ground) & then along with the tmo ignored the ball going forward from the rip leading directly to the critical try...

such a pity, as a really great game, but hampered by rubbish refereeing imho.
    Last edited by Daithi; 20-October-2019, 11:46.

Leave a comment:

• timbot
    replied
    Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

Japan was clearing out well beyond the ruck all day against Ireland, really infuriated me and I wanted to see one of the Irish lads do it as well just to see what the reaction would have been.
    TBH the way the flow of the whistle was we would have been penalized for it straight away.

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

Japan was clearing out well beyond the ruck all day against Ireland, really infuriated me and I wanted to see one of the Irish lads do it as well just to see what the reaction would have been.
    Unfortunately our guys never go off script

Leave a comment:

• Finnegan79
    replied
    Originally posted by reded View Post

Agree. I know Japan played well today, but there was moment in the second half (maybe 15 mins left) when Scotland were setting a ruck in their 22, when the blond Japanese hooker got up off the ground and ran across the back of the Scottish ruck with no peno given. It was astounding. Sorry, can’t do the clip, but I suspect others have seen it.

Leave a comment:

• Finnegan79
    replied
    Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
    who would you have instead?
    I agree on peyper. Dont know why he keeps getting big games. Thank feck we havent him for this game
    Berry was good in the Samoa game, Luke Pearce has gotten better since that absurd All Blacks - France call he botched. Ben O'Keefe isn't half bad either. Garces can be good, he just lets a lot of stuff go at the breakdown; other teams will play the ref, but Ireland won't b/c they have it drilled into them to avoid giving away penalties at all costs. The big thing for all of the refs is to have the AR's consistently refer offiside calls to them. If that happens, their job of policing the breakdowns becomes much, much easier b/c they don't have keep an eye on a line of guys while also trying to watch a tangle of bodies to see if someone is committing a penalty. I was surprised Marius Mitrea didn't get into the refereeing pool; he's been one of the better ones in the Pro14 imo.

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
    I am not sure that Jérôme Garcès (France), Nigel Owens (Wales), Jaco Peyper (South Africa) and Wayne Barnes (England) were the outstanding refs in the pool stages. Peyote and Garces are mediocre at best.
    who would you have instead?
    I agree on peyper. Dont know why he keeps getting big games. Thank feck we havent him for this game

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    I am not sure that Jérôme Garcès (France), Nigel Owens (Wales), Jaco Peyper (South Africa) and Wayne Barnes (England) were the outstanding refs in the pool stages. Peyote and Garces are mediocre at best.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X