Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RWC19- Refereeing Ranting :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Where are the TMO’s . The pass for the first Japanese try looked to be forward today . This taking lads out past the ruck needs to be looked at .
    When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

    Comment


      #92
      Originally posted by Benji View Post
      Where are the TMO’s . The pass for the first Japanese try looked to be forward today . This taking lads out past the ruck needs to be looked at .
      Agree. I know Japan played well today, but there was moment in the second half (maybe 15 mins left) when Scotland were setting a ruck in their 22, when the blond Japanese hooker got up off the ground and ran across the back of the Scottish ruck with no peno given. It was astounding. Sorry, can’t do the clip, but I suspect others have seen it.

      Comment


        #93
        In Nigel We Trust!!
        ____________________________________________
        Munster were great when they were Munster.

        alas they are just north munster now.......
        ____________________________________________

        Comment


          #94
          I'm not so sure about that.

          I remember him reffing us v NZ out there and when a scrum wheeled within kicking range of their posts, with the game level, with five or so minutes to go, he pinged our lads.

          NZ went up the field and dropped a goal for the win.

          Comment


            #95
            I am not sure that Jérôme Garcès (France), Nigel Owens (Wales), Jaco Peyper (South Africa) and Wayne Barnes (England) were the outstanding refs in the pool stages. Peyote and Garces are mediocre at best.

            Comment


              #96
              Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
              I am not sure that Jérôme Garcès (France), Nigel Owens (Wales), Jaco Peyper (South Africa) and Wayne Barnes (England) were the outstanding refs in the pool stages. Peyote and Garces are mediocre at best.
              who would you have instead?
              I agree on peyper. Dont know why he keeps getting big games. Thank feck we havent him for this game

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                who would you have instead?
                I agree on peyper. Dont know why he keeps getting big games. Thank feck we havent him for this game
                Berry was good in the Samoa game, Luke Pearce has gotten better since that absurd All Blacks - France call he botched. Ben O'Keefe isn't half bad either. Garces can be good, he just lets a lot of stuff go at the breakdown; other teams will play the ref, but Ireland won't b/c they have it drilled into them to avoid giving away penalties at all costs. The big thing for all of the refs is to have the AR's consistently refer offiside calls to them. If that happens, their job of policing the breakdowns becomes much, much easier b/c they don't have keep an eye on a line of guys while also trying to watch a tangle of bodies to see if someone is committing a penalty. I was surprised Marius Mitrea didn't get into the refereeing pool; he's been one of the better ones in the Pro14 imo.

                Comment


                  #98
                  Originally posted by reded View Post

                  Agree. I know Japan played well today, but there was moment in the second half (maybe 15 mins left) when Scotland were setting a ruck in their 22, when the blond Japanese hooker got up off the ground and ran across the back of the Scottish ruck with no peno given. It was astounding. Sorry, can’t do the clip, but I suspect others have seen it.
                  Japan was clearing out well beyond the ruck all day against Ireland, really infuriated me and I wanted to see one of the Irish lads do it as well just to see what the reaction would have been.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

                    Japan was clearing out well beyond the ruck all day against Ireland, really infuriated me and I wanted to see one of the Irish lads do it as well just to see what the reaction would have been.
                    Unfortunately our guys never go off script
                    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

                      Japan was clearing out well beyond the ruck all day against Ireland, really infuriated me and I wanted to see one of the Irish lads do it as well just to see what the reaction would have been.
                      TBH the way the flow of the whistle was we would have been penalized for it straight away.

                      Comment


                        Jaysus, Payper (view) is a really sh1te ref .... how he got a RWC quarter final I just dunno....

                        In the ~ last 10 mins of play alone he's mistaken a Welsh knock on, left them away with 2 clear ruck offences right in front of his gob (rucking beyond the ball & shoulder clean out on the ground) & then along with the tmo ignored the ball going forward from the rip leading directly to the critical try...

                        such a pity, as a really great game, but hampered by rubbish refereeing imho.
                        Last edited by Daithi; 20th-October-2019, 11:46.
                        ____________________________________________
                        Munster were great when they were Munster.

                        alas they are just north munster now.......
                        ____________________________________________

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Daithi View Post
                          Jaysus, Payper (view) is a really sh1te ref .... how he got a RWC final I just dunno....
                          In the last 10 mins of play alone he's mistaken a Welsh knock on, left them away with 2 clear ruck offences right in front of his gob (ticking beyond the ball & shoulder clean out on the ground) & then that tmod forward ball rip for the critical try...
                          such a pity, ac really great game but hampered by rubbish refereeing imho.
                          Unbelievable TMO decision to allow the Wales try from a forward ball.

                          Comment


                            Trying to understand how that high tackle in the Wales v France game was a yellow and not a red.

                            Both players were upright, no sudden changes of direction or bounce of the ball, Moriarty just lined him up and hit him head high.

                            If there was no mitigation for Aki, how is there mitigation for that?

                            Comment


                              Full speed running was the mitigation apparently

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                                Trying to understand how that high tackle in the Wales v France game was a yellow and not a red.

                                Both players were upright, no sudden changes of direction or bounce of the ball, Moriarty just lined him up and hit him head high.

                                If there was no mitigation for Aki, how is there mitigation for that?
                                Who the hell knows these day....Barnes was letting high tackles on players jumping for the ball and not calling for penalties.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X