Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
    REF ABSOLUTELY RIDING US!!

WTF his name Angus is , he is a total home towner fuppin clown !!!
    Nothing new there with that ref. He did the same in Cardiff in the 6Nations

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
      I dont know but Alain Rolland etc in world rugby didnt pick her for good reason. Just not as good as those picked yet anyway
      Your after stating 5 times that she isn’t good enough for a role as AR at international level, and your only reason for that is that she wasn’t picked because she wasn’t picked. Insightful stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Your after stating 5 times that she isn’t good enough for a role as AR at international level, and your only reason for that is that she wasn’t picked because she wasn’t picked. Insightful stuff.
        She’s not experienced enough yet. A bit more time in the middle required at Pro14 and HEC level before she gets AR gigs in the biggest international competition there is.

It’s not a slight on her and I have no doubt she’d jump at the chance but I don’t think she’s proven herself enough yet in high pressure situations. There are stepping stones and I hope she gets some big fixtures in the coming season so she can do so.

Comment

Similar to the NZ players and management saying that they didn't overstep the line because if they did, they would have been pinged.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Similar to the NZ players and management saying that they didn't overstep the line because if they did, they would have been pinged.
            Similar as in the earth is round and so is mars.

Comment

Not experienced enough yet. Good enough for international level but not selection at a world cup yet but if progression is same over time then she will be a cert at next world cup

Comment

Owen Doyle says in today's Irish Times:

"Nothing referee Angus Gardner did or didn't do affected the result. That's important to state"

and

"Japan persistently put players past the breakdown, obstructing, holding onto, and taking out Irish Players. I lost count of the number of times that the Irish poacher was taken out illegally"

Surely there's an inconsistency here.

Comment

"Nothing referee Angus Gardner did or didn't do affected the result. That's important to state"

and

"Japan persistently put players past the breakdown, obstructing, holding onto, and taking out Irish Players. I lost count of the number of times that the Irish poacher was taken out illegally"

Japan stayed in the game with their converted 3 of 4 kickable penalties in the 1st half.

Ireland were awarded no kickable penalties to stem Japan's momentum from the 30th minute of the game.

Owen Doyle as an ex-Ref would like to infer that Referee's have no influence on final results even if they are poor, he fails to see the sum of a Referee's on field decisions does determine the result
                  Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post

Japan stayed in the game with their converted 3 of 4 kickable penalties in the 1st half.

Ireland were awarded no kickable penalties to stem Japan's momentum from the 30th minute of the game.

Owen Doyle as an ex-Ref would like to infer that Referee's have no influence on final results even if they are poor, he fails to see the sum of a Referee's on field decisions does determine the result
                    I think he is being careful.. Japan applied cerrain tactics that they got away with. Japan were the better team and wanted it more which counts for a lot. There were a few things that AG did or didn't do that favoured the home team and we didn't have the composure or Ninga to counter. AG is now part of that big result.

Comment

and

Of course there is. Nobody wants to be accused of sour grapes etc.

Definitely contributed to the result imho. As GnT put it:

Also it seemed as if referee Angus Gardner became a little swept away in the occasion. In a 9-3 penalty count, the tally at the breakdown was 5-2 even though their entry gate included two side doors as well and, risibly, it was 3-0 for offsides. He seemed to be managing Japan, and refereeing Ireland.

Would we have won with another ref? I don’t know, but I do think the penalty count should have been more even.

Comment

interesting call in Scots v Samoa. YC + PenTry against Fidow forsliding tackle to prevent Maitland in the corner
                        The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                        - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
                          interesting call in Scots v Samoa. YC + PenTry against Fidow forsliding tackle to prevent Maitland in the corner
                          Hard to know what else he could have done- massive effort for the guy to get across, but there was only one outcome if he made contact with his knees.

Comment

Fair call. Came in knees first.

Comment

Could only have been a yellow and penalty try.

Comment

According to the Indo, World Rugby has confirmed that three of the penalties against Ireland (two for offside) were incorrect calls. Unusual to hear that but maybe this is part of a new, more transparent approach.

Combine that with the leniency shown to Japan around the breakdown and it paints quite a picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X