Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan v Ireland, 08.15, Sat 28 Sept

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by RichardP View Post

    Yeah, when I wrote that it was my initial thought to say it was dumb, but it was probably the right thing to do in reality.
    Try making the decision with the ball in your hands inside your own goal! Joey did the right thing, enough shyt had gone wrong already today for them
    I am the million man.

    Comment


      Fair play to Japan, has to be deemed as a coaching failure today from Joe schmidt ,its not like they didnt know what was coming from Japan,,very poor gameplan and execution from us

      Comment


        Team for next week:

        Killer
        Scannel
        Porter
        Kleyn
        Henderson
        Beirne
        VDF
        Ruddock (c)
        McGrath
        Carbery
        Larmour
        henshaw
        aki
        earls
        Conway

        question also whether to start Sexton and put Carbery to full back.


        Comment


          JS highlighting issues with the ref. Players getting taken out several metres beyond the rucks.

          Comment


            Agree with Eddie OSullivan......kicking long in second half was madness...Japan loved running it back rather than kicking it back to us.
            Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

            Comment


              Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
              Agree with Eddie OSullivan......kicking long in second half was madness...Japan loved running it back rather than kicking it back to us.
              You can’t unring a bell.

              Comment


                A reminder that rugby is a game that is often won by the team who want it more and are willing to put their bodies on the line. For all of Joe’s analysis and systems I think that this is his weakness, he underestimates the role of emotion.

                Fair play to Japan. Whereever the individual players were born nobody can question that they played 100% for that jersey today. Our momentum was impacted by some bizarre decisions by the ref but we should have been switched on enough to overcome that. Japan didn’t let the moments of the match that were going against them from impacting their detemination to play their game.

                Comment


                  Ireland have six points. The most we can get is sixteen.

                  Japan have nine. Having won the head to head over Ireland, they need seven points to win the Pool.

                  The most Scotland can get is fifteen.

                  If we assume that Ireland get two fivers v Samoa and Russia, Scotland do likewise and Japan get five v Samoa, then on the morning of the Japan Scotland game, the Table will be:

                  Ireland P 4, 16 Points
                  Japan P 3, 14 Points
                  Scotland P3, 10 Points.

                  Scotland would not be able to win the Pool, but any win for them except 5-2 or 4-2 would win Ireland the Pool with Scotland second.

                  Any win or any draw would win Japan the Pool with Ireland second. Two points in a loss would also do.

                  Fivers against Russia and Samoa qualify Ireland no matter what happens elsewhere.

                  Comment


                    There was a worrying look of over confidence when Carty tried the cross kick for Earl's early in the game with a penalty that was easily lockable.

                    Comment


                      Fake players. Lock them up.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post
                        A reminder that rugby is a game that is often won by the team who want it more and are willing to put their bodies on the line. For all of Joe’s analysis and systems I think that this is his weakness, he underestimates the role of emotion.

                        .
                        This is true but you can only go to the well so many times for emotion. The Japanese had been building up to this for a year. It was completely sh*t or bust for them and probably a once in a lifetime type of performance. Biggest issue for us now is we have to put out a full strength team against Samoa.
                        When things go wrong, blame McGahan

                        Comment


                          Another world cup flop. Even with getting out of the group, potentially still topping it, the limitations shown up today are too obvious to see us past any genuine contenders.

                          Things went against us, but as usual when that happens it just magnifies how limited our style of play actually is. We're incapable of playing with any width , and out entire system collapses back on us when we can't dominate possession and territory. We're the most predictable side in international rugby, and it's too late in the day to do anything about it.
                          "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

                          Paul Theroux

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by busby View Post
                            Another world cup flop. Even with getting out of the group, potentially still topping it, the limitations shown up today are too obvious to see us past any genuine contenders.

                            Things went against us, but as usual when that happens it just magnifies how limited our style of play actually is. We're incapable of playing with any width , and out entire system collapses back on us when we can't dominate possession and territory. We're the most predictable side in international rugby, and it's too late in the day to do anything about it.
                            Is that also not the same at provincial level?

                            Comment


                              Japan weren't even targeting this game. They dropped their captain.

                              Comment


                                Ireland's tries came from chip kicks. Couldn't manufacture anything else.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X