• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

I can’t see it happening.
    One can hope though

Comment

The game between ABs and Boks was incredible in intensity and rythm. Imho, and far away from all chauvinism, both are clearly above what the whole all teams show, maybe at the exception of England.
      Concerning France vs Argentina, Argentina lost the game more than France won it, and the level of the game was poor in all aspects of the game (rythm, intensity, skills).
      The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Garces let slot go, AB's being the main winners, Rassie was right, Refs do police them easier.

BOD pointed out 2 ruck blatant ruck infringements, both sides lived offside but SA were the only ones punished
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
          Garces let slot go, AB's being the main winners, Rassie was right, Refs do police them easier.

BOD pointed out 2 ruck blatant ruck infringements, both sides lived offside but SA were the only ones punished
          I reckon that SA were winning scrums all game and kept getting penalised.

Garces suits teams that push the boundaries, you can get away with murder with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

I think i remember reading that they had to put a brand new surface on it a few weeks ago as the old grass hadn't taken cos of the weather there. So this surface may only be bedding in.

A lot of handling errors in that game for 2 top class sides....

SA will be a brutal game for Ireland tbh. Hard to see Ireland coming to terms with that huge pack & set pieces. Tough ask!!

An Ireland pack with Furlong, Healy, Ryan, Henderson, POM etc will not be pushed around easily. I don't think we've been using POM much in the lineouts lately but I expect that to change.

​​​​​​It should be interesting tactically. I expect a lot of kicking and I think our kicking game is better.

​​​​​​SA have a lot of powerful ball carriers. Key is to not concede penalties that give them kicks at goal or lineouts in our 22.

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post

An Ireland pack with Furlong, Healy, Ryan, Henderson, POM etc will not be pushed around easily. I don't think we've been using POM much in the lineouts lately but I expect that to change.

​​​​​​It should be interesting tactically. I expect a lot of kicking and I think our kicking game is better.

​​​​​​SA have a lot of powerful ball carriers. Key is to not concede penalties that give them kicks at goal or lineouts in our 22.

A conversation perhaps for tomorrow. We still have to beat the Scots.

Comment

We won't lose tomorrow but would much prefer to play NZ in QF. They are not a patch on the side thhheyy were.

Comment

Originally posted by Isa View Post
                  We won't lose tomorrow but would much prefer to play NZ in QF. They are not a patch on the side thhheyy were.
                  Some fabulous individual moments in both sides- but the coherence we associate with the ABs was missing- early days though, dealt with their biggest challenge for the next few weeks capably. Rassie has a lot more work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

The gap has definitely closed. Barring bad luck with injury I can’t see who is going to beat England, they can handle the power SA have and the tempo NZ play at.
                    Yeah, they're great but their draw is like the North face of the Eiger!!

I can't see them winning 5 brutal tests in 5 consecutive weeks like their draw dictates.....injury & fatigue will catch them imho....
                    Last edited by Daithi; 22nd-September-2019, 14:27.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Very few expect the Scots to win, all the talk in Ireland is about semi finals. Perfect storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

Yeah, they're great but their draw is like the North face of the Eiger!!

I can't see them winning 5 brutal tests in 5 conservative weeks like their draw dictates.....injury & fatigue will catch them imho....
                        They can rest up against France now and the French will likely do the same, there's not much between Wales and Australia and the runner up side of the bracket is an easier semi final anyway. The heat being taken out of that could be a game changer for them, it's now only 3 brutal tests in 3 weeks like everybody else.
                        Last edited by Dowlinz; 21st-September-2019, 21:53.

Comment

Working...
                        X