Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weathering the storm...

Comment

SA are making NZ look better than they are, imho. They look heavy legged and are missing tackles all over the place.

Comment

Massive error count. A clinical team would be ahead. NZ scored from unforced errors.

Saffers will be in for an ear bashing at half time.

Comment

This is exciting but I don’t think it is particularly good quality.

Comment

Was I hearing the Fields being sung?

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
              Was I hearing the Fields being sung?
              Yes! I heard it too :)
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

If SA get level they could go on and win it ,what a drop goal there
                Still there's a light I hold before me
                You're the measure of my dreams
                The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Yes! I heard it too :)
                  Me Too i Heard it from here in New Zealand LOL
                  Caoimhin De Burgh

Comment

That pitch is cutting up badly. And there are a lot of games planned for that stadium including the final.

Comment

That pitch is cutting up badly. And there are a lot of games planned for that stadium including the final.
                      I think i remember reading that they had to put a brand new surface on it a few weeks ago as the old grass hadn't taken cos of the weather there. So this surface may only be bedding in.

A lot of handling errors in that game for 2 top class sides....

SA will be a brutal game for Ireland tbh. Hard to see Ireland coming to terms with that huge pack & set pieces. Tough ask!!

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

The southern hemisphere teams are massively overhyped, they've had a grim 4 years and the main reason confidence has rebuilt in SA and Aus recently is because they haven't played Northern teams in 2019. I could see this RWC showing that momentum shift with 3 NH teams in the semis and a NH champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                          The southern hemisphere teams are massively overhyped, they've had a grim 4 years and the main reason confidence has rebuilt in SA and Aus recently is because they haven't played Northern teams in 2019. I could see this RWC showing that momentum shift with 3 NH teams in the semis and a NH champion.
                          NZ have another gear or two in them. SA weren't great but it's early stages yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                            The gap has definitely closed. Barring bad luck with injury I can’t see who is going to beat England, they can handle the power SA have and the tempo NZ play at.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

The gap has definitely closed. Barring bad luck with injury I can’t see who is going to beat England, they can handle the power SA have and the tempo NZ play at.
                              Perhaps both France and Argentina will beat them.

Comment

Perhaps both France and Argentina will beat them.
                                I can’t see it happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X