World Cup 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Ask the person responsible for SA rugby? or the people who do the testing? This attitude of shock horror at another counties possible misuse of substances is a bit rich and smacks of ignorance to the use of steroids here. None of which has anything to do with the South Africans Forwards coach.

It’s asking a question that will never be answered to add another leg to a story that has grown from social media comments and conjecture.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Was would a South African Forwards Coach know about the culture in South African rugby?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb1tts Jump View Post

I wholeheartedly agree.

Was would a South African Forwards Coach know about the culture in South African rugby?
      A lot, he would know a lot about the culture of SA rugby, but asking him to comment on steroid use across the country’s rugby fraternity is a different question that he is never going to, nor should have to comment on. It’s not his job to know, to research, police or be involved in it. Ask Rassie if they want because he has some level of
      involvement and responsibility outside one team. It’s a cheap effort to get a headline and a nothing story.

If two NZ journos asked easterby about drug use in Ireland it would be just as stupid.

Comment

Welcome to cliché city.....

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

A lot, he would know a lot about the culture of SA rugby, but asking him to comment on steroid use across the country’s rugby fraternity is a different question that he is never going to, nor should have to comment on. It’s not his job to know, to research, police or be involved in it. Ask Rassie if they want because he has some level of
            involvement and responsibility outside one team. It’s a cheap effort to get a headline and a nothing story.

If two NZ journos asked easterby about drug use in Ireland it would be just as stupid.
            I can see both sides of this argument. It does reek of gotcha journalism, putting the guy on the spot about the issue, but he does understand the culture down in SA. CJ Stander was asked about it, idk by who, but he had to answer it, and Kleyn mentioned it as well in a recent interview, so it seems that anyone involved in SA Rugby at any level who is currently in Japan and in front of a microphone is going to be asked, and tbh, I don't have a problem with it b/c it is a huge issue. If the Boks emerge as champs and then afterwards a few guys get busted for juicing, the whole thing becomes a sham and gives World Rugby an enormous black eye b/c it isn't like cycling where if the winner is dirty but the 2nd place guy is clean, you just move everyone up. The entire tournament is called into question and there is no legitimate champion b/c there is no way of knowing whether whoever SA took out in the QF would have won or lost in the SF match. Hopefully they are clean and that pic was guys flexing as hard as humanly possible for that shot to look extremely ripped.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

I can see both sides of this argument. It does reek of gotcha journalism, putting the guy on the spot about the issue, but he does understand the culture down in SA. CJ Stander was asked about it, idk by who, but he had to answer it, and Kleyn mentioned it as well in a recent interview, so it seems that anyone involved in SA Rugby at any level who is currently in Japan and in front of a microphone is going to be asked, and tbh, I don't have a problem with it b/c it is a huge issue. If the Boks emerge as champs and then afterwards a few guys get busted for juicing, the whole thing becomes a sham and gives World Rugby an enormous black eye b/c it isn't like cycling where if the winner is dirty but the 2nd place guy is clean, you just move everyone up. The entire tournament is called into question and there is no legitimate champion b/c there is no way of knowing whether whoever SA took out in the QF would have won or lost in the SF match. Hopefully they are clean and that pic was guys flexing as hard as humanly possible for that shot to look extremely ripped.
              That's a fair post, but it seems to be predominantly Irish media who keep bringing it up in recent press conferences. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

That's a fair post, but it seems to be predominantly Irish media who keep bringing it up in recent press conferences. I could be wrong though.
                There does seem to be a push on it from the Irish media alright. I’m all for journalists probing the issue of doping, but this is just sloppy and lazy looking for a sound bite and headline. it’s a bit rich to make out the problem is only in SA when that refer to young lads being caught while the same grade here don’t get tested.

Anyway, the rugby is starting so we can forget this.

Comment

Looking at the way Japan are fielding the high ball I can see CM kicking the leather off the ball! Boring to watch but should be very effective.

Comment

Originally posted by DABOSS View Post
                    Looking at the way Japan are fielding the high ball I can see CM kicking the leather off the ball! Boring to watch but should be very effective.
                    Big challenge for Japan to settle to playing normally, which made it hard to judge, but Russia got close enough at various points, so hard to know whether the errors were nerves, pressure, or lack of ability. The nerves will be less in a weeks time, but you’d imagine the opposition pressure will be much greater, couple of scores quickly and we will win handily enough I think.

Comment

Are Rte showing SA v NZ?
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                        Are Rte showing SA v NZ?
                        No

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                          Are Rte showing SA v NZ?
                          Not as far as I can see. The best free to air option on a sky box is probably ITV. ITV or ITV 2 or ITV 4 have all the games.
                          STANDARD DEFINITION: FREQUENCY:10.758 Polarisation: V DVB-S QPSK 22000 FEC 5/6
                          High Definition:
                          11097.00 V DVB-S2 8PSK 23000 3/4
                          https://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=ITV

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Big challenge for Japan to settle to playing normally, which made it hard to judge, but Russia got close enough at various points, so hard to know whether the errors were nerves, pressure, or lack of ability. The nerves will be less in a weeks time, but you’d imagine the opposition pressure will be much greater, couple of scores quickly and we will win handily enough I think.
                            I think it was nerves.....I don't think they've ever played a game with this much build up and hype behind it. Russia wasn't the doormat everyone thought they'd be, but man, they aren't built to play 80 minutes of rugby. They'll get there with a greater emphasis on conditioning, but Japan is better than they showed today. I don't think Ireland will have much of a problem with them tbh, Russia played into their hands by kicking the ball away a fair bit; Ireland will retain possession and try and wear them out physically.

Comment

What jetset whistleboiii was in charge of the fidgee auz game? That Reece 'tackle' was badly overlooked.

Poor show
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Are NZ weathering the storm or clinging on by their finger tips?

Comment

Working...
                                X