Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warm-down 4 Ire v Wal Bóthar Lansdún Sat 7 Sept 1pm

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post

    The fact they allowed him to leave and instead kept Fergalicious, Daverage and co instead still boggles my mind.
    Just be happy we're not stuck with Daverage.

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

      2.00pm Saturday

      thread title time is wrong
      Sorry bout that
      Gwan Joe!!

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

        He's as tough as a coffin nail. Tomas O'Leary tough
        Tomás was freakishly strong to be fair. The Real Church and Baby will attest to it.
        He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

        Comment


          #49
          Please god Sexton Henshaw and Murray get 70 mins under their belts, for me though they are now massively undercooked heading into Scotland. 1 start before one of the biggest games of their careers, its a joke how this is all set up, why does it always have to be october?
          \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

          Comment


            #50
            This squad needs to AIM to win the World Cup and therefore they should be able to win the 4 group games while mixing up the 23's selected. If they view the Scottish game as their World Cup final (like we did with Australia and France the last 2 times) then they are getting it all wrong. Of course if we don't turn up both the Scots and the Japanese can turn us over but we need to be confident of beating them both with only 10 or so of the "first choice" XV or with some of the first choice XV being slightly undercooked and working their way up to full speed.

            Comment


              #51
              We need to peak in time for a 3 test series and win it 3-0.
              I miss Leavy but mostly like our squad.
              Last edited by ustix; 4th-September-2019, 09:41.
              Gwan Joe!!

              Comment


                #52
                So Jordi, Marmian and Addison are first in line to be called up. Little or no mention of Jack Mc's omission...
                Gwan Joe!!

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post
                  This squad needs to AIM to win the World Cup and therefore they should be able to win the 4 group games while mixing up the 23's selected. If they view the Scottish game as their World Cup final (like we did with Australia and France the last 2 times) then they are getting it all wrong. Of course if we don't turn up both the Scots and the Japanese can turn us over but we need to be confident of beating them both with only 10 or so of the "first choice" XV or with some of the first choice XV being slightly undercooked and working their way up to full speed.
                  They won't be viewing Scotland as the key game. It's important, as is Japan, but the group, and the schedule, is set up for us to get through.

                  However, then we have a bastard of a QF. That's the game I can see us throwing absolutely everything at to beat SA or the ABs and then collapsing in a heap a week later in the semi against Australia or Wales. It's going to be very tough to manage that. If we make it to a final, all bets are off but I think just getting to a semi is a stretch because of our likely opponent.



                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by LongtimeLurker View Post

                    Did he not decide to leave when he heard Nacewa was coming back?
                    Nope. Conway announced he was leaving around Jan/Feb 2013. Nacewa left Leinster for the first time at the end of the same season.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

                      They won't be viewing Scotland as the key game. It's important, as is Japan, but the group, and the schedule, is set up for us to get through.

                      However, then we have a bastard of a QF. That's the game I can see us throwing absolutely everything at to beat SA or the ABs and then collapsing in a heap a week later in the semi against Australia or Wales. It's going to be very tough to manage that. If we make it to a final, all bets are off but I think just getting to a semi is a stretch because of our likely opponent.


                      Agree 100% , I was replying to TS who was worried about Sexton, Murray etc being 100% match fit for Scotland.

                      The QF will be a massive test, (un)luck of the draw. It's been a bad 2019 so far but I feel that Joe, Faz and the senior players are targeting that QF and will be ready for it. If the semi final is against England and they have managed to keep Manu, Mako, Maro and Billy fit then I can't see how we win (though 3 Tests in a row against Arg, France and Wales/Aus will kill of a few Orcs). If the semi is against Aus or Wales and we have kept our key players fit then its more achievable and either of Australia or Wales could well beat England in a Quarter final.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Looking at Englands draw - 5 really tough games in a row
                        5th Oct v Argentina
                        12th Oct v France
                        19th Oct v Aus/Wales
                        26th Oct v NZ/South Africa
                        2nd Nov v NZ/SA/Ireland/Wales/Aus

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                          Looking at Englands draw - 5 really tough games in a row
                          5th Oct v Argentina
                          12th Oct v France
                          19th Oct v Aus/Wales
                          26th Oct v NZ/South Africa
                          2nd Nov v NZ/SA/Ireland/Wales/Aus
                          yes, that's the least they deserve

                          P.s. and when, with their best squad in a generation, they eventually get 'brexited' from the RWC, as they most probably will with that draw, their supporters might contemplate a few other salient matters e.g. sabotaging the EUROPEAN Cup, and the effects of blatant nationalism, populism and isolationism (e.g. Brexit) on themselves & others for a few starters....
                          ____________________________________________
                          Munster were great when they were Munster.

                          alas they are just north munster now.......
                          ____________________________________________

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Sexton, Henshaw, Earls badly need game time.
                            If any of them does not play on Saturday you'd have to think there is something seriously up with his fitness.
                            Erse end of nowhere

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

                              They won't be viewing Scotland as the key game.
                              Unlike the Scots, who'll gamble everything on this and know that the best time to catch us is first up. I think this will be really scary for us.
                              Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                                Unlike the Scots, who'll gamble everything on this and know that the best time to catch us is first up. I think this will be really scary for us.
                                Both teams will want to win their opening game but to be honest I don’t think coming first or second in the group makes a massive difference. If we lose to Scotland we’ll probably still make it through.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X