X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Bobert will never be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
      I heard on the radio that Joe mentioned Andy Conway earlier, Conway spotted gaps in the way Wales were defending and told Carty what to do to put him into space off Carty’s shoulder. Led to Stockdale try after Conway’s great break. Joe loved how he read that and responded
      And he's a rarity among Irish back three players who can tackle. Never shirks a tackle on a bigger man.
      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

The fact that people think Conway can hold a candle to Rob's good looks is laughable

Comment

Originally posted by Thorns View Post
          The fact that people think Conway can hold a candle to Rob's good looks is laughable
          That’s the real reason he left Leinster
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Are you suggesting that Joe was the suggestor in that conversation?

Why would he do that when Bobert was (and still is ) ensconced in the No 15 shirt?
            Ha! I'll defer to Munsterboy on that one.
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

That’s the real reason he left Leinster
              The fact they allowed him to leave and instead kept Fergalicious, Daverage and co instead still boggles my mind.
              \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Who will we see this week? Best will get a chance to redeem himself surely. POM should have a rest.

Healy Best Furlong Kleyn Ryan Ruddock VDF CJ Murray Sexton Earls Henshaw Ringrose Larmour Kearney is who I'd guess. Id go with Conway @15 but Rob will surely play, he needs a good game, ppl cant keep turning a blind eye to his wasting of good ball, his turning over of the ball and his non tackles where he turns his back to the ball carrier.

Bench Cronin Porter Ryan Hendo Beirne McG Carty Conway
                \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post

The fact they allowed him to leave and instead kept Fergalicious, Daverage and co instead still boggles my mind.
                  Conway got impatient at Leinster and decided to leave of his own volition. He made 42 appearances (23 in his last season - starting both finals) for them and was only 21 when he left. I'm fairly certain that Luke Fitzgerald is the only player who'd played more often for Leinster by that age.

Comment

Who will we see this week? Best will get a chance to redeem himself surely. POM should have a rest.

Healy Best Furlong Kleyn Ryan Ruddock VDF CJ Murray Sexton Earls Henshaw Ringrose Larmour Kearney is who I'd guess. Id go with Conway @15 but Rob will surely play, he needs a good game, ppl cant keep turning a blind eye to his wasting of good ball, his turning over of the ball and his non tackles where he turns his back to the ball carrier.

Bench Cronin Porter Ryan Hendo Beirne McG Carty Conway
                    Ringrose might sit this one out. He's been involved in the other three matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

Conway got impatient at Leinster and decided to leave of his own volition. He made 42 appearances (23 in his last season - starting both finals) for them and was only 21 when he left. I'm fairly certain that Luke Fitzgerald is the only player who'd played more often for Leinster by that age.
                      Hasn't he also previously called himself a 'Lunster'? His dad being from Munster and he said he had been to plenty of Munster matches over the years.
                      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

But Bobert will never be replaced.
                        I understand that retiring the 15 jersey is being considered, and possibly even playing without a FB- in part as a celebration of the contribution he has been making recently.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post

Hasn't he also previously called himself a 'Lunster'? His dad being from Munster and he said he had been to plenty of Munster matches over the years.
                          He's as tough as a coffin nail. Tomas O'Leary tough
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Did he not decide to leave when he heard Nacewa was coming back?

Comment

What time us this game at?

Comment

What time us this game at?
                                2.00pm Saturday

thread title time is wrong
                                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X